Oneshot - Katnep (Dreambubbles)

(This was like the first fan fiction I ever wrote and it's cringy as fuck. 0/10 would recommend reading)

"NEPETA! EQUIUS! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO GRUBFUCKERS!" Karkat yelled. He was starting to get worried. Gamzees had gone sober and was still on the lose. He regretted sending Equius after him.
At the time he thought sending him would be a good idea. Even though Gamzee could probably kill just about anyone in the group with just his bare hands, Equius could easily overpower him.
Nepeta, even though she was older than Karkat, seemed like a little grub. It was hard for him to imagine her hunting for her dinner and using its blood to paint her old caves walls, even though it was regular, everyday life before they played the game.
Suddenly, Karkat was hit with a hideous stench. It smelled like... Death.
He hesitantly followed the stench. As he followed down the hall, he started to hear a quite sobbing. He started to run.
He entered a room to see Equius, dead, smiling the most terrifying smile he had ever seen, surrounded by a pool of indigo blood. The crying was louder, but he couldn't quite make it out. The person must be close to a vent... or in them.
"Hello?" Karkat asked quietly. He had never been so quite in his life. "W-Who's there?"
"K-Karkat? What are y-you doing here?" A soft, horse voice asked. It sounded familiar, a female voice he could barely remember.
"WHO ARE YOU?" He asked using his normal tone.
"K-Karkitty, has it really been that long? It's hard to tell in the dream bubbles." She gave a small laugh before sighing. "I hate this memory. Especially when I realize it's just a memory and I can make Gamzee go away, but never poor Equius."
"N-Nepeta? Is it you?" Karkat askes, being quite. "I-I don't know w-what the fuck your talking about..." The troll shook his head. Nepeta had died fighting Jack, hadn't she?
"Your not my Karkitty, are you?" She sighed, hoping out of one of the vents.
"W-WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, NEP? Y-YOU D-DIE... PASSED BECAUSE OF JACK. YOU WERE TRYING TO SAME ME..."
"This is going to be purrty hard expurrlaining all this to mew but, purr from a doomed timeline. I'm alpha Nepeta. I-I was culled by Gamzee. He had culled Equius in f-fromt of me when I was in the v-vents." She burst out of tears.
"SHIT, DONT FUCKING CRY NEPETA!" Karkat yelled running to hug her. This action surprised the crying troll, but she slowly hugged back.
"T-Thanks Karki-kat." She mumbled into his shoulder.
"YOUR WELCOME NEPETA." He said, hugging her tighter, Starting to remember.

See, in this Karkat's timeline Equius had killed Gamzee, but died from wounds. Nepeta and Karkat even though blaming the other for the death of their morails, had ended up comforting each other before his Nepeta culled herself, waiting to rejoin her morail, but gaining Karkat as one in the process. They ended leaving to go and fight Jack with Kanaya and Terezi because all the others were killed. Kanaya and Terezi died first, and it had left Karkat and Nepeta alone. Before having one last stand, Karkat had asked her to his matesprite. She had agreed, and together they fought.
But, as it being a doomed timeline, they both died. Nepeta going first, jumping in front of Karkat to shield him from an attack. Karkat died running to her side, trying to save her.

This may not be his Nepeta, and he may not be her Karkat, but it was good enough for him. All he wanted was a Nepeta, to have in front of him again, and see clearly.