Chapter Three

» Yeonjoo «

I woke up way too early to the sound of my younger brother shouting all around the house. And I tell you, when that kid shouts, you might wanna dig a hole and hide in there until his shout session would be done. It was horrible. And irritating. I have this sleep issue in which if I would wake up in the wrong time, I can never go back to sleep again.

I'm freaking sleep deprived. I've been sleeping for just SIX hours every night the time I started to work. And probably that's why I never grew that tall. My height was just as bad as my brother's screams.

"WHAT THE HELL KANGJU?! STOP SHOUTING OR ELSE I'LL KICK YOU OFF THE HOUSE!" I banged my door to make him stop but what weirded me out is that another person banged back. It was obvious that it was mom. It was mom. After mom catching up on our stupid problem at four am, I got a lot of complaints.

I did my best to look presentable for the next eight hours. I bathed, cleansed, I did my six-thirty am stuff at four am. It was the worst thing I ever did. And to be honest, thr irony, it actually felt refreshing ignoring the fact that there could be any ghost just behind my back.

I went back to bed just to sit on it and play with anything on my phone. I was in the middle of winning that 2048 game but I was startled when the phone vibrated and I accidentally swiped on the wrong way. I groaned, almost throwing my phone in disappointment.

Of course, I could never throw my phone. I looked through the new notification and it was just another random post in our school's grouo page for students. It was actually a freedom wall since everyone was posting all of their rants about life. Who would post a rant in this time of the day?

I tapped the notification.

" From: Jaera Jang

You ruined him. Thanks a lot... Btch.

To: Shin Yeonjoo "

Well... The name-dropping was unexpected.

I was not hurt though I still don't even know why people at school hated me. All I know was I never backstabbed anyone. But there was one.... but the story and the feeling was different.

I tried my best to go to sleep again but I never regained the capability of sleeping. I got my phone and I instantly texted Jisung. Someone younger but still consider me as some person he can talk to me informally.

To: Jisung

Hey kid message me when you are online.

I was not even expecting a reply but my phone vibrated quickly, seeing his reply. What? Does this kid knows how to sleep?

From: Jisung

I'm awake 😪

To: Jisung

Get back to sleep. I insist.

From: Jisung