Chapter Ten

- note:

Gosh thank you for 1k+ reads! I didn't expect this though... thank you so much!

P.S my boi Donghyuck did well in "Heartbreaker" i'm so proud of him <3

--

"Are you... okay?" Renjun asked. I looked at him who's now focused on typing our research for school. "Are there thoughts wandering on your mind? You've been still and stiff like that for almost an hour. I'm scared."

Renjun's eyes didn't leave the laptop instead his hands went inside his bag and he handed me a tuna sandwich. "What is this?"

"Energize, Yeonjoo." He answered.

I sighed while sitting down on the carpet beside him. These days my mind could be easily filled with anything Donghyuk would say, write or see. I'm crazy. I've never been like this. And yes, it's about the unexpected text he sent me. I'm overly affected by that text. What the hell is happening to me?

He might have took the keys under the flower pots. I never told him but it's probably the most common location wherein you can hide the house keys. He isn't as stupid as I have known him to be. But seriously, why did he even barge in our house?

"Sorry. I missed you, baby."

He missed me?

Those words haven't even sank in my system right now but I now find myself secretly smiling while having these cliché butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Why am I happy with his words?

What are we?

When did everything started again?

"Replay... replay... replay..." Renjun sang. I saw him smirk a bit so I immediately changed my confused face in a deathly glared one. This kid knows how to easily tease me. "You know that song, right?"

Replay was Donghyuk's favorite song. No, he didn't fell in love with someone older than him but rather the pain in the lyrics was the thing he felt two years ago.

I sighed. "I even know all the lyrics. That was a great song, though."

"And it was someone's inspiration to take music class with you." He uttered, matter-of-factly. "Remember those times that he was a literal pain in the ass? He was kind but his mindset with school was the worst. He would skip classes and would do every trouble he can make as long as he can have fun. Then you came. You tamed the untamable."