Chapter Three: Arrival

Mod quickly hoped up from his resting spot and yelled to his sleeping roommates nervously, "HEY GUYS! GUYS WAKE UP! IT'S HERE!"

He quickly looked over to them while the shadow just stood on the ceiling, staring at him quietly. As Mod looked down he froze in fright. The bodies of the people he called to were ripped in half and laid in a puddle of blood. Mod's legs gave way and he fell to his knees. Then he fell to his side.

All hope was lost for him as he looked up and saw the shadow creature staring down at him with blood thirsty eyes. Whoosh! The creature immediately stretched down at Mod with its mouth wide open, displaying its bone crushing teeth. Slice! Mod quickly woke up from his dream sweating heavily and panting. He sat up and looked nervously around the room just like he did in his dream. Except he found himself in a well-lit place with two living beings in the room with him.

The bald boy was laying on the couch thinking to himself. The hooded figure meditated on the floor peacefully.

Then it spoke, "Everything is fine. No need to panic. No one showed up."

Mod asked as he calmed down, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I stayed up all night and listened out for any intruders. But everything was silent. We were safe for the night."

"Are you serious? You stayed up all night?"

"Yes. I take my safety very seriously. I also noticed that you weren't sleeping well. Did you have a nightmare perhaps? I apologize if what I said yesterday caused that."

"Uh no no...It was...it was nothing really. I just uh...have a bad back. It's hard for me to get into a comfortable position without feeling some pain and discomfort."

"It makes you sweat too?"

"Well...these covers were hotter than I expected them to be."

"Ah I see, well I'll be sure to remember this info just in case."

"Just in case what?"

"I don't know really. But it's good to know somethings about your partners"

"Partners? We're not...oh...right."

"I planned on taking Ben back to Jack's house so he can freshen up and change his clothes. But I didn't want to leave you here by yourself. So now that you're up do you want to come with us?"

"Oh uh...well...I...I think I'll be fine just here alone."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah yeah, I can take care of myself. And plus Jack should be here soon so I'll be fine."

"That creature is dangerous."

"Look, that creature is probably dead. You said yourself that you think you killed it, and look around, nothing attacked us. You heard nothing and saw nothing. You killed it, so now were safe."

"...Maybe your right. Maybe I was wrong about this whole thing. I'm sorry, I just wanted to be careful. Maybe too careful."

"It's fine. You were just trying to help. You're a good man...or monster...Hey what are you anyways?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well no but I would like to know"

"To be honest I personally like to let people guess what I am."

"Well you're either a really ugly person, or a really ugly monster?"

"Ahaha, nice guess. I never heard that before."