Prologue

"Oh my gosh, Maya. It's actually you."

'Um yeah..'

"I thought I would never hear your voice again! I love you so much."

'Riley we broke up 6 months ago. Let go of me. I don't love you anymore. I thought we agreed on being friends.'

Her words made Riley's heart shatter. She felt all the feelings of hope slowly leave her body.

'Oh wait. Oh my god I forgot you were in the hospital. Are you ok?'

"I lost everything."

'What do you mean?'

"I don't remember my life, Maya. I was almost dreaming when I was in coma I lived my life. Or what I thought it was. I feel like I'm in this kind of fucked up universe that I can't escape."

'Oh wow. Um ok....I guess I'll try to help. I'm coming over ok?'

"Ok."

Riley ended the call and fell down onto her bed. She didn't know what to do so she started to scroll down her contacts.

Isadora The Babysitter

Zay

Lucas

Lucas? He's real? I wonder what he's like in this reality. She tapped on their messages and started to read through them.

Lucas: how's Auggie doing?

Riley: he's doing great I'm actually taking him to one of his friends birthday party

Lucas: thats cool. Make sure he has fun

Riley: I will.

The conversations were actually really boring. Riley seemed so businesslike and wasn't her quirky self. Riley may had tattoos and broke the rules but she always was happy. She wasn't the type to be seen with a frown or anything.

In this reality she seemed like someone who doesn't mess around or like one of those people who would invite a group if friends over and sip wine while watching the Bachelor.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts and she shot up out of her bed. She went out into the hall and she saw Auggie coming out of his room, rubbing his eyes. He smiled when he saw her and ran towards Riley.

"Mommy!"

She picked him up and kissed his cheek. "Auggie! I missed you."

"I missed you way more. Ocean is still sleeping."

Ocean...ocean...ocean. Oh yeah. That's Auggie's brother. Riley thought.

She kinda felt bad for not even remembering her own son but she had no control of what she remembered. Riley heard the knock again and she continued to walk to the door with Auggie still in her arms.

She looked through the peep hole and expected to see Maya but instead she saw a tall dark guy.

Who's he?

She opened her door and Auggie's eyes lit up at the sight of the man. "Zay!" He shouted. He reached his arms out towards Zay and Zay took him from Riley's arms.

"Hey Auggie."

Riley kinda tensed up as she saw Auggie in Zay's arms. She didn't remember the guy so he was basically a stranger holding her child right now.