Chapter 10

"Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are."
                                      ~ Markus Zusac

---------------------------------------------------------

Elliana's pov

The car came to a stop before a beautiful white building. One of the two cheffaurs took the car keys from Aiden.
He came to my side, opening the door and extended his hand for me to take. And of course I did with a smile which was not fake. If he makes me feel loved even with his act then let it be that way. He put his arm around my waist and lead me inside the building.

The interior of the building was even more beautiful, with almost everything white and golden. The waitresses in their professional blue skirts and blouse with a same blue color coat, bowed at us. A man in his black tuxedo probably in his mid forties came towards us.

"Welcome sir... mam." he smiled at me while shook hands with Aiden.

"Mr Brown is on the fifth floor. Please. " he gestured politely with his hand towards the elevator. Aiden lead the way with me and the man following him like a tail.

We went inside the elevator, we means only me and Aiden.
I was about to exit the elevator when it reached the fifth floor when his hand tugged on my waist and my side collided with his chest.

"Behave and don't cause any trouble." he whispered into my ear more like warned me.

I quickly nodded and we started walking towards the big brown door. As I entered the big beautiful Hall the smell of expensive food and wine hit my nose making my mouth to water.

I raked my eyes around the hall and gasped.

Ok. I didn't expect this.

Aiden told me that we were going for dinner with one of his investor's but here there are some people, not some but a dozen or a two with their eyes directly on us. I shivered a little because of the undivided attention of all the people, even the waiters.

I smiled at them and walked further inside with Aiden's arm still around my waist. We walked through the crowd with all of them greeting us with 'Good evenings' and hello's'.

"Aiden!! " a man came and stood in front of us.

" Mr Brown" they shook hands.
He was a man in his fifties, wearing a brown expensive tuxedo. His face was covered with slight wrinkles and the creases which folded more into themselves when he smiled at us. He smiled sweetly at me before greeting me and kissing the back of my hand.

"I might say you have one hell of beautiful lady" he looked at Aiden.

If only he understood my value.

I sighed invisibly when all Aiden did was smile at his comment. A smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"I'm glad you both came to my daughter's engagement party."

OH.
So that's why we're here.

Why don't you tell me anything?

I glared at Aiden while he was busy talking.

"Elliana" came a soft voice from behind.
I turned around to see...

"Millie" I ran to hug her.
"long time no see. Where have you been? Didn't even bother to call?" She said the last part in an angry voice.

"sorry. But what are you doing here?"

"Chase brought me as his date." She said and I raised my brows.