Chapter 26

"Girls are half living between reality and fantasy at all times."

                          ~ Anonymous

●●●●

A

scratch on the closet door? Or a broken glass? Broken lock? Smashed plates? Scattered cushions and curtains? Open drawers?

No.

Absolutely nothing.

The whole house was just as we left it. Not a thing was displaced and I can tell that because I remember placing my books just beside the TV on the table. And it's still there not even moved an inch.

The whole house was as if untouched expect that room.

Aiden's room was just as scattered as the whole house was clean thanks to Lucy.

It was as if someone just oh so magically occurred in his room, scattered everything and took nothing?

Aiden looked really restless about the whole situation. And angry of course. Well it was indeed a situation to be angry about, but he looked like he was angry about something else.

I walked towards him and the police inspector he was currently lashing out on.

"How are you not supposed to find any evidence? You're basically saying that they did not make any mistake. That's not even possible even a high degree professional makes a mistake in something like this." He gripped his hands together behind his back as if just restraining himself to not just murder anyone.

"I'm sorry sir but we're trying our best. Our best people are working on this I'm sure they'll find something."
The officer said, clearly unfazed by Aiden's anger.

"They better." with that he came out of the room.

"What is this all about?" I followed him to the kitchen.

"As if." He muttered.

"What?" He turned towards me.

I raised my eyebrows in an attempt to make him answer my question which he probably didn't hear.

"What is this all ab-?"

"And why do you think that I know what this is all about Mrs. Rochester?"

Mrs. Rochester.

It sounds so cute.

I grinned on the inside.

"Well you look like you know something that others don't." I said whatever slipped out of my lips.

I wasn't going to say any of that. I just needed a reason to talk to him.

But maybe what I just unknowingly said might be true because he visibly stiffened when I said that. His eyes widened for a split second before averting his gaze from me.

"There's there's nothing you need to know."

Yup definitely lying. He knows  something and he's not willing to tell.

"As you say Mr. Rochester." I smiled.

Now he was glaring at me and I was somewhat enjoying this totally forgetting that someone had just broken into our house and did nothing but ruin Aiden's room.

He walked past towards the main door and I walked towards his room.

If you're not telling me then I'll find out on my own, trust me on that Mr. Husband.