Chapter 1

Maya is walking down the streets, along with her best friend Riley, they are both ready to go to school and to start off their week.
"Wassup losers !!!" Maya said to her friends jumping on the back of her best friend, Farkle.
" 'sup Maya !" Farkle nicely said as Maya got off his back and laughed. "Letter day today, ready for the first period ?" She said putting an arm around her two best friends. They nodded and they all walked away to their first class.

Lucas is a homeless teenager and his campus is in front of the Abigail Adams High school, everyday is an adventure for him, asking for money to the other teenagers and to the people walking by. Let's talk about Maya again, her first class is over and she's going in history class now, where the most important teacher is.
" 'sup Matthews" Maya said walking in, the teacher, Cory Matthews smiled at her " Hi Maya, I see you are happy today" she glanced at him "yeah I received a letter from my dad!" She said excitedly, his smile grew even wider. "I'm glad Shawn sent you a letter".
The bell rung and all the students came in the room and sat at their usual seats.
End of the day, Maya walks out school after having detention with mister Matthews, yeah, long short story, it's been the 5th time she's breaking the food distributor by trying to steal his content.
"Hey, do you have some money please ?" Lucas asked her as she puts her phone in her back pocket. "Get out of my way homeless" she angrily said, Lucas looked at her with eyes full of sadness and he then looked down and tears started streaming down his cheeks. "Listen it's hard for me.." he silently cried "life is hard to everyone"  she said annoyed as she walked away. 

"Mom did I tell you Shawn sent me a letter !!" Maya said jumping on the couch. "Yeah I know honey, that's great, what did he say ?" Her mother, Katy Hunter, asked with enthusiasm. "Dear Maya, the fight is not over but they said I'll go back home in 3 months, I told you Military people were good ! I miss you a lot,  and I miss your mom too, I don't have much time to write and it's bit expansive to send letters from Irak but I'll make it up to you, love you, bye." Maya read out loud. She ran to her room and put the letter with all the others, on her desk.
Shawn, Maya's stepdad, he's her hero, he fights for good and escapes death at every missions, she loves him very much, one Monday by month he's sending her a letter to make sure he's okay. This Monday is the only day Maya's not badass and rebel, she's very happy to have the letter because it means he's okay, or at least he's alive, and that keeps her from every form of violence.

"Hey Maya !" Riley said as she saw Maya walking through the front door of Topanga's, Topanga is Riley's mother and she has a bakery now, she got it from a heritage of a old woman that was a friend of the family.
"Hi Riles, Hi Topy" Maya sais sitting on the couch. She ordered a smoothie and spent time with her best friend.

"Mmh.. yeah... totally I understand miss Anderson.. mmhhkay bye" Maya sais talking to her phone, she hung up and looked at her mother. "So what's going on ?" Katy asked patting her shoulder "I got an A at my art project and they want to expose it this weekend" Maya said sitting on a chair that was around the table, a wide smile appeared on Katy's face as she took her fork and starts to eat her dinner, Maya smiled too and put a strand of her hair behind her ear as she begun to eat as well.

Maya went to her room after kissing her mom's cheek goodnight and she went to her window and stared outside, she grabbed her sketchbook and started to draw like she does sometimes.