Chapter 8

"Sir, Maya went back at her home" Farkle said running, "thanks Farkle, go back to your class now" Cory said, Farkle went back in his class.
"So, this is Lucas Friar, he's not going to be a part of this school but we're keeping him inside, the world is cold outside" Cory said smiling, Lucas sat at Maya's chair and everyone was staring at him, he felt awkward.

"Maya, you, my dad tonight at my place, he will drive you home for dinner" Riley said as she walked pass her, she was sitting next to Lucas.
"If you're now mad at Matthews and don't listen a word he's saying, and if you hate me, why are you here ?" Lucas asked her, "because I don't like challenges, and when someone challenges me I have to do it, or else I'm in trouble" she said. "I seriously don't think you're trouble Maya, I think you're someone really sweet on the inside but.. something is happening in your life and you're acting like a bad girl so you won't be weak" Lucas said. And he was right, but never she was going to admit he was right.. Shawn is missing. "Look it may not look like it but I was a pretty dangerous child back in Texas, I was respected everywhere I was, I was doing like you, being all violent, mean and strong.. and here I am, homeless in New York" he said looking at her. "Just.. don't talk to me, you did enough" Maya snapped at him, he made big eyes and then nodded and looked away. "You know wha--" "SHUT UP?! WHY YOU GOTTA BE TALKING ALL THE TIME ?! NO WONDER WHY NO ONE WANTS YOU IN TEXAS" Maya angrily said, she stood up and madly walked away, Lucas looked sad, really sad. He looked down and cried.

"Come on buddy, why are you crying ?" Farkle asked him as he held out his hand, Lucas looked up and took his hand which helped him to get up. He wiped his tears away and breathe. "Because of Maya.. she told me that I was talking too much and that it was the reason no one wanted me in Texas" he said walking. Farkle took him to his home.
"Here.. umm.. I think we need a talk" Farkle said, Lucas nodded and went inside the bathroom and took a shower. "Do you have a toothbrush ?" He nicely asked, "I have a new one under the sink" Farkle replied loudly enough Lucas could hear. "Thanks"

"So, you probably wonder why Maya is like that, well, long story" Farkle begun. " Maya is a loner, her father left when she was little, her mother then found another work so she could gain money.. four years ago Maya's mom found Shawn, a military man, they both fell in love and they got married, Maya knew about Shawn before her mother did, and they fell in love too, Shawn was acting like a father for her and she was beyond happy.. then, he went to a mission in Irak and he's still there right now, one Monday by months she receives a letter from him saying he's okay.. after all this time, Maya saw her father again, and he's been saying that if he left it was all because of her..." "Oh.." "yeah I know, she's been depressive because of that, she tried to kill herself multiple times but I always found a way to help her, Shawn doesn't know about the suicide attempts and the fact her and her father met." Farkle finished his story. "So that's why she's like that.. she has this.. frustration, this thing inside her that says it's her fault.. that's horrible, if only I could--" "No you can't do anything about her, she's herself, I tried to, many times, but I never succeeded" Farkle stood up. "It's raining outside, I don't mind you staying for the night" Farkle said looking through the window. "Thanks Farkle, why the interest ?" Lucas asked. "You're the only one who believes in her, who believes she's not mean, because gosh, she's not, she's really sweet and very very funny.. anyways, I think you know too much now" Farkle said leaving the room, Lucas followed him. "Where are we going ?" "We're going to meet up with Maya. Whenever it's raining outside she goes at a special place only her, Riley and I know" Farkle said taking his coat, Lucas nodded and followed again. "So we're going to see Riley?" Lucas asked. "No, her and Riley are not in good terms now because of mister Matthews, I don't think Riley will come"