Chapter 7

"Fuck no I ain't gonna sit besides you" Maya said when her mom drove far enough she wouldn't hear. "Come on Maya.. I didn't do anything I was just talking to your friends" "I'm not only mad at them, I'm also mad at Matthews" she said sitting on the stairs, Lucas stood up and sat next to her. "Oh.. and.. did you paint your emotions ?" He said smirking, Maya wanted to slap him but didn't. "I don't want to be nice to you and I clearly don't want to be your friend, this whole 'me hanging out with you' thing will be over by the end of the week, after that, forget about me" she snapped at him, he surrendered his arms and stared at the horizon. "How come you ended up in such a situation ? I mean, he could've just put you in detention or something.." "how come you ended up in such a situation ? I mean, they could've kept you on their attic or something.." she said mockingly, he smiled "we are very in fond of rodeo you know, and so I went to ri--" "I don't care, why do you keep talking to me ?! The deal is just to stay together till next week right ? I hope Wednesday is coming quickly" she angrily said, still not looking at him. She could awkwardly feel his gaze on her which minded her a lot. "And stop staring at me you're creepy" she said standing up. She walked to some people of the school when a guy came to Lucas. "Be careful with Maya" he said not looking at him, Lucas looked up confused. "We were really close friends back then but one mistake and she forgets about you, she did that for me and I seriously don't think she remembers my name" the guy said chuckling. "Wait.. Zay ?!" Lucas exclaimed, Zay looked at him unbelievably, "Lucas ? Is that you ?" He blinked a couple times "you're HOMELESS ?!" He exclaimed. "Shh Zay.. yes, yes I am" he said disappointed. "What's your deal with Maya Hart boy ?" He asked, "she was being mean to me so mister Matthews caught her and until Wednesday she has to stay with me.. would you mind explain me what's HER deal ?" Lucas asked annoyed. "What's her deal ?! She knocks everyone heads on lockers, table and blackboards, she's the most rebellious girl ever and she's the most dangerous girl ever!" Zay said chuckling. "I don't believe this" Lucas said smiling at her but she wasn't looking, she was laughing with some guys. Five guys were around her and she was happily in the middle talking and laughing about nothing and everything, Lucas is sure she's not danger and that she's the nicest girl on earth, he knows she's just acting as the bad girl when she's actually not.
"Okay.. okay" Zay said walking to a young skinny boy, he dragged him all the way to Lucas. "Explain what Maya Hart did you on Tuesday" he ordered, the boy nodded and looked at Lucas. "I sat at her table at the cafeteria and I dared to stay at my place when she ordered me to get out, she took my head and slammed it against the table, I got this bruise now and it hurts as hell" the little boy fearfully said. "She wasn't in the mood that day, people are like that, and maybe she has anger problems and you guys are treating her about it" Lucas said confident. "We won't bet on that, apparently she was a pretty cool girl back then and not a violent chick like she is now, I guess high school changed her into a bad person man.. I'm sorry Lucas for your position, it's probably hard enough to be homeless and now you have Maya Hart with you.. hope you'll make it tho" Zay said, he patted his shoulder and walked away with the young boy.

"Maya stay after this hour, we need a talk" Matthews asked her. "No I ain't gonna talk to you" she madly said as she sat down. "Hey so today you come when the bell rings" the same boy said while smirking and sitting at his seat. "Would you mind shut up ? Because if I make you, you won't appreciate it!" She madly said. "Who the hell do you think you are here?" The boy asked. "You're New aren't you ?" She annoyingly asked, he nodded. "Then fuck off, I don't argue with newbies, I just take their little small heads in my hand and slam them harshly against their tables" she said, the guy looked at her fearless. "Do you guys seriously believe her ?" He sais chuckling, everyone turned their heads to him and nodded fearfully. "I don't" a guy said, Maya turned her head to see Lucas standing by the door with mister Matthews behind him. "No you aren't gonna do that..." she muttered loud enough Cory could hear. "Watch me" he said smirking. "Please welcome guys Lucas Friar" "Oh No.." both Maya and the annoying guy said. "What do you have against him ?" They both asked each other, the guy laughed and Maya had a serious face, "Oh nothing.. a old story back in Texas.." he said smirking at Lucas, lucas, him, had a sad and disappointed face looking at Maya. "I'm leaving" she surrendered her arms, took her backpack and left the room, leaving the school, she heard a voice behind her. "Maya I saw you from my class, what's going on ?" Farkle said, Maya turned around and hugged him. "I'm going home Farkle, see ya tomorrow" she then stormed out the school, went to her home and barricaded herself inside.