Home 'sweet' Home.

We drove the very familiar driveway to our town house. David told me earlier that we now stayed in our town house because dad wanted to be closer to work since the fire incident that apparently took place 4 weeks ago. Why hadn't anyone told me about this? I would have called or even returned earlier just to be with my family. But David assured me they didn't say anything because as at the time of the fire I was preparing for finals and they didn't want anything to distract me.

After spending about 15 minutes cruising down the driveway I saw the roof 8th our house. The home I actually grew up in and had most of my first memories in. I loved this place so much, but we rarely stayed here anymore because mom loved the beach house. We came to a stop in front of the house and as I eagerly reached for my door handle David stopped me, worry filling his eyes.

" Listen, Sia, things haven't been so cool with my mom and dad, like they've been at each other for weeks now since the fire. Mom's even talking divorce papers and I don't even know what went wrong, one day they're in love and the next it's like they never cared. I just want you to cut them some slack if they don't shower you with all the love in the world or if they don't always see eye to eye with you on anything coz now it's a competition to see who's more right about what's best for 'the kids'. So just brace yourself okay?" And with the he left the car.

I was dumbfounded. And that was an understatement as I was also crying because of how terrible everything just got. I tried to remember if anything seemed off the last time I saw them, but i got nothing. They sounded so happy when they called me before my flight and now all I could imagine was them screaming at each other when they got off the phone. But I can't say I was so surprised, mom was probably having one of her phases. Yes, that had to be it, mom was crazy and just turned it up a notch. I used this thought to console myself as I turned the door know and stepped into the house.

I literally flew back out the door because as I opened the door in was welcomed with a scream and a vase heading straight for my face, if I hadn't moved fast enough I would be on my to the hospital right now.

Okay, so maybe my mom wasn't just crazy but totally mental and in dire need of psychological help as she was the one who screamed and was still screaming and also threw the vase right in my face.

"Vanessa just calm down! I was not saying that you looked horrible, but I just said that you should change because you don't look presentable..." my dad said looking exasperated. If that was why mom threw the vase at him, she was justified. Since when did dad care how mom looked anywhere especially at home. And that statement was so rude.

"One more word from you Chris, and this time I'll throw a knife and not miss. This is my house. I will be dressed however I deem fit, and you can stick your head in sand if you didn't like it." Mom replied with fire burning in her eyes. The pair hadn't noticed my presence and we're about to start screaming at each other again, and I wasn't living through it.

I cleared my throat and dropped my luggage at the same time, startling both of them. They turned to me with searching eyes and I couldn't help the tear that now trickled down my face at the sudden realistic.

I didn't come home to reconcile with my family, but to watch it fall apart before my very eyes. I broke down in tears and felt my Mom wrap her arms around me. It felt so warm in her arms, but I couldn't be here right now, I shoved her away from me and bolted for my room. Praying that this was only going th to get better.