03 - Death stares and delinquent lairs

I slowly opened my eyes, letting my eyes adjust to the weird lighting. After letting out another groan, I roll over onto my side and scream, once again. Two figures stand over me, watching my every movement.

This is the end for me. Nobody has ever made it out of Murder Manor, why did I think I could do this? Why did I have to be so stubborn? Why did I have to accept this stupid, stupid dare?

I wait until something happens. I expected them - whoever they were - to be stabbing me by now, or some sort of torture. Instead, nothing happened. I waited a minute with my eyes closed, waiting for something to happen. Nothing ever came.

I slowly open my eyes again, and look up at the two people standing above me.

One if them is a short girl with a short Bob haircut. Her strawberry blonde hair fell in soft beach waves slightly above her petite shoulders. Her dark brown eyes almost appeared to be black, and they stared straight into mine. Although she was small, she already intimidated me, she just had that aura. The boy next to her was the complete opposite in height, he has to be at like 6'4. His dirty blonde hair fell a little bit short of his light grey coloured eyes that are framed by dark brown lashes. His build is slim and muscular, and he looked like someone who stepped out of a Ambercrombie & Fitch commercial. These two certainly didn't look like the murderous type, although the girl who I had nicknamed Cherry already had the glare of a murderer.

There was a long awkward silence as we all looked at each other. I didn't ignore the fact that when my eyes met with the boys my cheeks flamed and my heart started pacing faster. He's cute, in a Ken doll way. The corners of my lips slightly turned up when I saw the redness that crept up into his ears, then his cheeks. Our staring contest didn't last for long when Cherry spoke.

"So, we're all trapped in a murder house. A literal murder house. We need a plan to get out."

We all nodded in agreement, and I didn't even care to ask how I got into this room with these two strangers. Their answers surely couldn't be any weirder than this day already. Plus, right now instead of chit chatting each other up and being stupid, like all those cheesy horror movies, we needed to get out of here.

"How long have y'all been in here? And how'd y'all get here?" I asked.

The boy spoke up for the first time.

He explained his situation. He and Cherry were trying to prank their friends. They told them to go inside the house. When they didn't come out an hour later they went in and well, they ended up here.

"Did y'all find your friends?" I had asked with consideration.

"No, not yet.." Cherry stated, and her eyes traveled around the room.

An awkward silence filled the air once again and we all let our own mind wander.

What's going to happen to us? Where did their friends go? Could I trust them since they had been playing a prank on their friends? Were they in on the prank too? Why was that boy so cute? What did he think of -

Cherry interrupted the silence, once again.

"We should find a way out." She states it like it was simple, but oh boy, it surely wouldn't be.