Forget Me (ByouXKazuki)

I don’t own any of the members of ScReW, nor do I know them. This is just fanfiction so enjoy!

I ran down the white hall with all the power and energy I had in my body, panic sending me further. My breathing was heavy, my heart was beating so fast it hurt, and my mind ran like the wings of a scared humming bird.

Kazuki.

And Rui. Rui I’m sorry I didn’t forget you! I know you’d understand. Love for a paramour and love for a friend is different. Kazuki is my life so please forgive me for forever thinking of him before you! I don’t want to lose you either.

I don’t want to lose anyone…

I turned a corner, by head swinging from left to right, reading the numbers on the doors.

143, 144, 145, 146…

Why make him so far away? It’s like it isn’t just god threatening to take him away from me by the doctors too!

150. 151, 152, 15-…

Where’s 183?! Kazuki, where are you! Oh god, please don’t be gone already! Please be okay.

158, 159, 160! 161 162…

Rui. Do you think I’m a bad friend for not coming to see you first? You’ll have Jin. Jin will run straight to your best side. I can see him now, he’ll cry and he’ll cry and he’ll cry not matter whether you are awake, unconscious or at the worst. Just knowing what happened will be enough to break him. You can always break him whether you mean to or not…

167, 168, 169, 170….

Just knowing you’re hurt will make him believe he’s dying. I bet he’ll actually die if you aren’t around…

172, 173, 174….

Like I will die if I lose Kazuki…

177, 178, 179…

180! It’s down here! Kazuki, I’m coming! I’ve almost found you now.

181, 182-

183.

I paused at the door, looking through its window, the sight mostly hidden behind the blinds on the other side. I want to go in. I want to be with you. I want to make sure your okay-

Forgive me for being a coward but I feel like I’m trespassing. Your parents are by your bed, your mother stroking your hair tenderly, your father standing next to her, a hand round her waist, his hand holding yours. For once, your old man looks almost kind.

And there you are, lying in the hospital bed in one of those horrid hospital gowns and a bandage round your head. Your eyes are closed with bruising tired eye lids, the rest of your skin is an unhealthy white. I know you’re not well. They’ve taken all your make-up off and yet your cheeks aren’t rosy. You’re cheeks are always red when you don’t have any foundation on…

I can’t go in though; I can’t go in. I know, you know, they hate me. I considered being a brave, confident man and stepping straight in without a care, only caring about your health. But, I thought it wouldn’t be right risking a commotion at your bed side. My eyes search round for the heart monitor, I can hear it beeping from out here, but sound isn’t enough. I gave a shaky exhale in relief as I saw your steady pace. Then I slowly walked away, back the way I came.

Room 179, 178, 177…

I retraced my steps slowly back to room 90.Why must Kazuki and Rui be so far away from each other? It’s not because the walk between them is bothersome, but because I just simply think it would be more comforting if they were closer to each other.