a rough start

Kelly sat in a room full of kindergarten kids. "Who wants to hear a story?" She said. The class was silent. Kelly was used to this. No one believed her. [Not even kids like me!] She thought.
"I..I w..would lik..ke to h..hear it." This came from Eric Denver's. He hasn't spoken since January. It's August. [He has a speech impediment, dosent he. It dosent matter, it's just, wait. Did he say that he wanted to hear my story?]
"Of course! I mean, a sure. A long time ago, about 2 years, my partner and I were exploring a cave."
"Who is your partner?"
"Please dont interrupt." This was a fragile subject for Kelly. She hadn't seen him since the cave. They didn't get along that day, and she hadn't seen him since. {There are no cell phones here.} "Anyway, we found it in the scorch. (The maze runner) in this cave, there were ruins. We couldn't read any of them. That is, untill my partner, loue, walked all the way in." It hurt so say his name. Her thought was instantly dry, and heat rushed through her. But she continued. "The ruins... Changed. We could read them! We both scrambled for some paper and a pencil. I forgot my pencil, so I picked up a peice of clay. It at least showed up on the paper." She pulled a piece of paper from a secret pocket in her bag. These brought back some painful memories. She swallowed, and continued. "these were some of the symbols."
"That one looks like a wand!" Harry potter "That one looks like the trident!" Percy Jackson
"That one reminds me of my dad." It was a symbol of a circle of fire. Divergent "I don't like my dad." Let's just say, his dad controls fire, and has a temper.
"Maybe you should continue the story." The teacher suggested. Mrs wither never believed Kelly, but she listened.
"Sure. These ruins talked about another world."
"What is it called?" Asked one of the kids.
"Lavts I think. I was writing really fast. But anyway, the ruins changed back after a few minutes. The end."
"That can't be the end. What did you do after?"
"I went home. Just like is should probably do now."
"Say goodbye to Kelly everyone!"
"Goodbye Kelly." The children said in unison. All but Eric.he went up and hugged her. He whispered, "i believe you." After he let go, he seemed confused. He sat back down. Kelly was confused herself, but extremely happy.