Blood red

“STOP! STOP! STOP!”

Nora is jolted back into reality by Hannibal’s persistent shouts. As Hannibal perceives his doll is threatened by Nora’s stare, he begins to scream in rage. In response to Hannibal’s screams Nurse Gwen suddenly appears, roughly grabs Nora’s arm, yanks her off of the couch, and shoves her down the corridor. Gwen pushes Nora around, still squeezing her arm tightly, causing Nora to wince in pain. Gwen smiles in delight, and tightens her grip.

Nora’s eyes focus on Gwen’s clumpy red lipstick. The bright red lipstick staining Gwen’s yellow-black teeth bring back memories of Nora’s past. As Nora stares, Gwen’s face begins to morph into a young woman, with clumpy red lipstick and coal black eyes. The flower. The one who stole everything away from me. The one who stole my husband, Nora thinks to herself. Fury rises from the darkest corner of her heart and clouds her vision, turning it an ugly red, as red as Gwen’s lipstick.

“It’s time for your appointment.” Gwen snickers. “Maybe if you’re lucky Dr.Epiphanic will use some electro shock therapy this time.”

Gwen licked her lips in excitement at the thought of Nora’s brain frying, staining her yellow teeth a bloody red. Gwen only hopes she could be the one to flip the switch and send the bolts of electricity through Nora’s body.

Nora could see how badly “red lips” wants to hurt her. Excitement and desire are written all over Gwen’s face. Anger surges through Nora’s veins like the deadliest of poisons, causing Nora to lean forward and spit in her face.

A satisfied smirk spreads across Nora’s face as she watches the look of disgust and shock take hold of Gwen.

“You’ll get what’s coming to you soon enough, home wrecker,” Nora snarls in a voice full of malice.

 Gwen’s disgust transforms into rage and she raises her hand in a threatening manner, but before she can proceed with any action, Dr. Epiphinic appears and begins to escort Nora into his office.

“You’re too easy on her,” Gwen mutters under her breath.

 Dr. Epiphinic responds by simply raising his eyebrows in a quizzical manner.