Filthy Cheat

Once inside Dr. Epiphanic’s office, Nora is much calmer, but she looks at Dr. Epiphinic with a mixture of mistrust and anger. Nora watches as Dr. Epiphanic’s face begins to blur and morph into a middle aged man with green eyes and greying black hair. Nora’s face contorts into rage and terror; she clutches her stomach as though in pain. I can’t believe it’s him. That cheat. That lying, filthy, cheat. Her horror builds into an anger so fierce she begins spitting out accusations in a murderous rage.

“It’s all your fault you know. You left us for that wench. That Pitiful excuse for a woman,” Nora spits in disgust.

“Nora, I know what you believe, and I am just here to try and help you accept-that your son is…not…alive. I’m doing this for your own good,” Dr. Epiphinic responds with a calm voice.

Dr. Epiphanic’s words infuriate Nora.

Without thinking, Nora grabs a glass paperweight on the doctor’s desk and screams at the top of her voice, “You are a liar! A dirty filthy liar! You cheater! You lying cheat!”

Nora throws the glass paperweight aiming at Epiphanic’s head, but luckily he ducks and the glass paperweight hits the wall in a resounding CRASH, breaking the glass into a million pieces. A few seconds later two male orderlies burst into the room in response to the sound of the paperweight shattering. They grab Nora as she kicks and screams, attempting to resist her restraints. Pushing her arms behind her back, the two orderlies plunge a needle into her neck, and she slowly falls asleep.