Epilogue

"I knew Taylor Carlyle when she was Mykaelah MacBride, a girl people stayed away from but couldn't help but be drawn to. She was the prettiest girl in school, but also the scariest. I don't know what is was about her that drew me, or anybody in, passing her in the street you'd think she was just like you but much more gifted where her genetics lay. Then there was the way she spoke, when she liked you it was obvious, she'd be talking to you and there'd be this glint in her eyes, something mischievous but also broken. Something you couldn't see unless you knew her. But that was also the thing with Mykaelah MacBride, nobody ever really knew her. Well, nobody except Hunter." A former student of Dyce Academy told our reporters today in the midst of nineteen year old Mykaelah MacBride's tragic suicide in her family home. 

MacBride had been missing since early 2012 following the brutal murder of her family, including her fourteen year old brother. It is now known to the police that MacBride, after running away from residential care, had changed her name and moved to Stony Isle on the West Coast of the country. She was known as Taylor Carlyle on the island, and according to sources she had little to no friends and a standard but good paying job at a local bar. 

Reporters spoke to a student, who wishes to remain anonymous, that attended Low Shore College with MacBride: 

"She was quiet, Taylor, but she was kind. She knew what to say to make you smile, and that made you like her. Something about her made everyone want to be friends with her, but she didn't. She kept to herself. But she'd changed since the start of semester, she was more withdrawn. But that didn't change anything. Everyone loved Taylor, it was impossible not to. She could have killed her family like the papers said, and everyone would still love her. It didn't matter how horrible a person she might've been." 

It is not yet known MacBride's cause of death nor how long her body was in the family home undiscovered.

A devastating story to be told for somebody who was so selfless. A memorial will be held at the site of the tragic events that happened three years apart. All are welcome. There will be friends of MacBride present to relive her memory from both of her lives. 

***********

And, that, is the end of Scars and Souvenirs. I wasn't ready. 

Thank you all your support and the first chapter of my new story Chewing Gum will be going up on New Years Day, so keep your eyes peeled! Merry Christmas everyone, and thank you again for reading.