4.

Harry's heart is racing.

He's not sure how he ended up where he was standing. It was like the last few moments have been blacked out. He was standing right in front of Rae, he thought it would be easy to talk to her but there he was. Her friend gives him an odd look and Harry fears he's just done the stupidest thing he could've done. Surely there was another way around for him to get to his dorm, he didn't have to talk to her. Of course there was always the option of him walking right by and praying that she doesn't notice him. He swallows hard. She's looking at him and he feels his breath get slower and his heart beat faster. It feels forever as Rae looks him up and down, forever till she speaks.

He feels like he's going to faint when she finally opens her mouth. "Yes?"

Harry doesn't know what to do or say, he doesn't remember asking her a question. Did he?

No, something must be wrong. He tries again. "I'm Harry,"

The look in her eyes is uneasy, like she's feeling just as uncomfortable as he is. Rae looks to her redhead friend and she simply shrugs and Harry feels very, very confused.

"I know." Her voice is soft, less sharp from when she spoke last. "You know?" Harry feels dumb, he can't help but look at her in aw. He notices how the moonlight makes her shine even more than daylight. She is the moon.

Harry's breathing gets harder.

"You know?"

Rae scoffed, as if what she's saying is the most obvious thing in the world. "Yeah, I know." The redhead giggled and Harry is aware of her existence again. He'd almost forgotten they weren't alone. He was too lost in Rae's eyes to notice anything. He looks beyond the building and he sees that Dan hasn't left and Harry doesn't know whether he should feel reassured or more nervous with the sight of his best friend. Dan sits on the ground giving Harry a thumbs up and Harry remembers that Rae's probably still expecting an answer from him.  

"I'm really, really sorry about this morning," Harry said sincerely. He's afraid Rae is going to lash out at him again and tell him to leave again so when she merely nods her head and looks down at her hands he is very, very relieved. It was a small nod, Harry almost missed it, but it was there and that's all that matters to him right now. "H-how do you know my name?" he spoke again after a moment of silence.

Rae looks up from her hands and her friend gives a small laugh again. Harry looks between the two girls not knowing whether he is making a big fool out of himself or not. He's about to apologize for bothering them and leaving when the redhead speaks. "Of course she knows you, dummy, everyone at that damn cafe does!" She laughs lightly and Harry is thankful that she is with them to ease the situation. He was also quite relieved that she didn't sound like she hated him, always a good sign from a girl's best friend. Usually the friends are the ones plotting the guys death.

Rae gives her friend an amused look then goes back to staring at her hands in her lap and Harry is slightly frustrated because of that.

"Do you know me too?" The question is directed at her friend this time. "Yeah, I saw you at the cafe too." She smiled and Harry tries to remember seeing her there. Surely he'd remember, her hair didn't exactly make it that easy for her to be missed. "And, we have calculus together. I'm Zoey." She added with a wink.

Harry clears his throat, giving a small laugh but it dies out soon. God this was awkward. "I'm Harry- I mean, you already know that." he flusters and Zoey laughs heartily this time, and he notices a small smile creeping on Rae's face as well. "Yeah," He looks around, finally his eyes landing on Dan again who's now laying down on the sidewalk, holding his phone above his head.