Memories - part one

<From the Barkeep's veiw>

It was a slow day. I was sitting, as usual, behind the bar in the back of the room, watching the doors blow open with the wind, gently. I sighed, and rested my head on my arm, leaning. 

Suddenly, I heard movement upstairs, and quickly looked alert, and braced myself.

I recognised It as a berzerker, having asked around on the Horde. As It walked down the stairs, I noticed it was wearing it's cloak, but not the two external daggers. It also had taken off it's armor.

When the berzerker walked past, I could see the bloodied bandage across It's mid-section. 

Coins were dropped on the counter, and It noislessly moved to the dark corner, where It proceeded to lay It's head on the table.

I figured It didn't want a drink, so I told the chef to make an extra meaty soup, bringing the bowl to the table, then went to talk to the chef for a while.

I heard a clunk outside, and went to look.

The creature had finished Its meal. I remembered Its name now, Jeniseus. An odd name. Heck - any name for a creature like this was odd. Even though It unnerved me, I found It more approachable now. As I went to collect the empty bowl, to return it to the kitchen, Jeniseus' arm was suddenly clutching my sleeve. Tightly. It had torn a hole in my sleeve! I let out a sigh of relief, thankfull it wasn't my arm.

"Please..."

Jeniseus pulled back It's hood and looked right into my eyes. I could tell, It looked almost afraid.

"Don't go..."

It's eyes pleaded with me more than it's gruff voice did. The once raging red had faded to a more mellow and sad color, and were almost dim. They no longer glowed with fury and pain. It just looked so sad.

"Please... Stay..."

I stared into those eyes, and they filled me with grief. I didn't like seeing It so distressed. I ran a hand through my orange hair and nodded, putting the bowl to the side, and finally sitting down.

It relaxed a bit, and let go of my sleeve, giving a slight sigh of relief. Jeniseus put it's head on the table, breathing deeply. It still wouldn't make conversation, though.

"Hey."

Jeniseus looked up, but didn't say anything.

"Everything okay? How is your... Injury?"

It tilted It's head slightly, thinking. "My...Injury?"

"Yeah, the great big gash on your side - Is it okay now?"

"... Yes... Is fine now. No longer bleeds."

I nodded and tilted my head. A gash that size...

"How did you get it?"

It hissed at a memory, then sighed. Jeniseus remained silent for a few minutes before speking again. It's tone was slow, pained, and sad. It's eyes flashed and glowed now and then in bursts of anger.

"I suppose... I could tell you. You see... I am mercenary - I kill for money. And pleasure. It takes my mind off of... feeling.. Lonely. When I saw this..."

It put a crumpled poster on the table, carefuly trying to smooth it out. The poster had a face on it, that when Jeniseus looked at it, I could tell It felt sad, happy, and angry all at once. When I looked at the poster, I saw a beautiful face. Soft eyes, with a hard core. She looked like she'd been in many battles.