《forty-two》

●kylie●

its been about three days since claire was in the hospital. her fever has gotten better and better each day, were hoping that today her fever will be all gone and she will be feeling all better and back to her happy self.

"what if her fever never goes away?" i asked hayes getting nervous. it was 7:00 in the morning, claire usually wakes up around this time.

"kylie, stop worrying the doctor said after a fee days that she will be just fine and wont have a fever anymore. im sure she will feel a whole lot better today and tomorrow." hayes said reassuring me. i just sighed.

i have been getting anxiety alot like every minutr or second of the day since the hospital. ive never had anxiety before.

a few minutes later, i heard footsteps coming from the stairs. my head bolted towards the stairs to see my besutiful daughter with her pink cupcake warm blanket wrapped around her back, walking down the stairs.

she turned towards me and flashed a big, happy smile. the smile was back she must be feeling better. she came and sat down next to me and covered with her blanket because it was cold in here.

"mommy?" claire asked looking at me with some sort of hope in her eyes for what she was about to ask me.

"yes?" i said looking at her beautiful blue eyes.

"i font feel sick anymore can we go to a place?" she asked with her goofy smile.

"yay, im very happy you dont feel sick anymore. that makes me happy and of course. what do you want to do, whatever you want and we will do it" i told her and she still had that smile plastered on her face.

"i dont know what people do" she said.

"i have an idea, how about me and your daddy take you somewhere that i love, maybe you will love it too" i suggested to her.

"okay yay!" she cheered and took the remote for the tv from the side table and turned the tv on. spongebob popped up on thr screen and she loves that show so she confinued to watch it.

***

we were going to take claire to a carnival like the one hayes took me to, when we first met.

it was currently 11:00, and we were leaving at 1:00 to go. so i went in my room to get ready.

i took a shower, did my makeup, you know all that stuff then i picked out something to wear. i knew it would be hot out today. so i decided on a black crop top, high waisted light jean shorts with a red and black flannel tied around my waist. i was going to wear my black converse with that.

after i finished getting ready, i walked in claires room to see her having a tea party with her stuffed animals

"you wanna get dresses, were leaving soon?" i sajd to her.