T W O

The following morning, I awoke with a start, sitting up in my bed and groaning.

What a horrific dream to have on my first night of a good holiday.

I stood up and wandered tiredly over to the mini-fridge, opening it up and feeling a slight disappointment at the lack of food. I decide Chase and I should go shopping soon instead of just relying on the hotel food. When I go to shut the fridge back up, I see Chase's eyes flutter open. He grins at me from where I'm stood in the middle of the room.

"What?" I say but he doesn't reply to that. It takes a moment but suddenly his face is turning from a smile to a worried expression. He sits up.

"Are you okay, Ev?" He asks and I nod my head, confused.

"Yeah, fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

He furrows his eyebrows at that, looking at me deeply for a second before asking, "what about last night?"

"Last night?" I hum, gathering some clothes together that I find littered on the wooden floor.

"You're pretending it didn't happen, aren't you?" He says and I look up at him, my eyebrows furrowed this time.

"I don't know what you mean."

"I mean, you saw them yesterday. You saw your friends from University!" He says finally and I immediately laugh at his words. He asks, "why're you laughing?"

"I was drunk, Chase. I was probably just seeing things, so let's not worry about it. Anyway, shall we go sunbathe today? I want to shock my Mother with the best suntan ever."

Chase stares quizzically at me for a few long seconds before he huffs and gets out of bed, reminding me that we're in France and not the Bahamas but still changing into his trunks.

-

We ate breakfast first, but the time went by quickly as Chase and I hardly spoke. We just ate our food, me reading some things online and him 'minding the perimeter' every couple of minutes.

We got two good sun loungers right by the pool. The good thing about this place was that there weren't any kids running around us because the hotel was more of a place for mature young adults. And Chase and I believed that we fell into that category.

The weather was nice with the sun beaming down on us where it wasn't too hot and unbearable. I read my book that I'd been waiting to get a good chance to finish and Chase got his one out too - his he had bought at the airport.

Everything was perfect and things just could not get any better.

And I was right.

I was just about to turn the page of my book to the next chapter when I saw three people coming out from the hotel and outside. I cussed under my breathe and held my book up over my face so that all they could see was my body - which, technically, could be anyone's.

It was Alexis, Luke and Scarlet. Alexis was wearing a bikini top with a pink skirt underneath and her wavy hair tied up in a bun. Luke was wearing swim-shorts underneath one of his long t-shirts - as I mentioned, he'd grown so much and looked so mature and handsome. Then Scarlet, who stood looking flawless with tattoos on her arms and piercings on her ears and bright blue coloured hair, matching the colour of the sky.

Luckily, they hadn't noticed me yet so I took a bit of time to let Chase know. I hissed his name as quietly as possible and he glanced over to me, confused.

"What?" He said simply, as if me whispering to him in a panicked voice is the most normal thing.

"They're over there!"