Chapter 1

"Oh no. Tomorrow High school is starting."

I hated school and thought it was super boring. But which teen did like school, I mean? I've packed my school bag like a week ago that I didn't needed to do it all in the last minute.

Hopefully me and my best friend Olivia would have some classes together. We've known each other since Kindergarden and haven't fought a single time in all those years. I was her other half and they could tell everything to each other.

I decided to go to Starbucks and grab a coffee before I go shopping on my last day of holidays.

"Muuuuuum" I screamed.

"Yes hun."

"I'm going to Starbucks and go shopping for a few hours...I'll be back 'til dinner" "Alright hun. Do you want some money?" My Mum handed me 20 bucks.

"Thanks mummy" I kissed mum on the cheek.

Then I jumped up the stairs to my room and changed from my sweatpants into black skinny jeans, my favourite sweater and a pair of Vans. I grabbed my purse, ran down the stairs and slammed the door behind me.

It was such a wonderful high summer afternoon. The sun was shining, but it wasn't as hot as I actually thought it would be.

I walked to Starbucks and grabbed a Chocolate Mocca and went to the mall nearby. I loved this mall. There weren't that much people, so it was always kinda quiet. I loved the silence.

I decided to go into my favourite store, Urban Outfitters. I found an oversized Run DMC sweater. It was awesome. I loved it. And I love Run DMC.

Suddenly I felt a little tired, cause I was awake 'til like 3 am to watch the rest of the 5th season of Big Bang Theory on Netflix.

So I decided to end my shopping trip a little earlier to go home. I spied a big truck which stood in front of the neighbours house. An old women used to live in there, Mrs Harries. Her husband died some years ago. And like three weeks ago she finally moved out and now she lives at her daughters house. I was always at her house when I was a kid and played with her two cats. I love cats. Cats are so calm and you can cuddle with them. I love that. My family had a cat when I was a kid, but she died when I was like four years old.

But back to the truck. It seemed like a new family moved in. My mum and dad were outside and talked to the mother of the new family. "Oh and here's my lovely daughter" mum said. "Hey," I said, "So you are the new neighbours?". "Yes, we are," she said while she shook my hand," I'm Mrs Franta." "Mary." I said while shaking her hand. "Where you from?" I questioned. "We're from Minnesota. From La Crescent." "Ok nice" "Connor. Brandon. Nicola.Dustin." she shouted. Suddenly four people stood in front of me. Three boys and a girl. I found the guy with the Ray-Bans and the beautiful smile really cute. He reached out his hand towards me and said:"Hi I'm Connor." I smiled back and said:"Hey. My name's Mary." The others presented them as Brandon, who was the youngest, Dustin, who was the oldest and Nicola, who would also go to my school with Connor. I didn't heard anything else what the others said cause I only focused on Connors smile. He was a god. "Mum? I go in now to get ready for school tomorrow." "Ok." "Bye, see ya guys tomorrow." "Bye" I heard Connors voice behind me.