6. Kat

These past few weeks with Stephen and the guys have been great.

I still haven’t retrieved a single memory though. Somehow, though, I’m alright with that. In fact, I’m okay with the possible fact that my memory might not come back.

Surprisingly, in the bedroom, Stephen got a new photo printed; this time, it was our photo, when I asked him about his photos. We were so candid; we were both laughing and all.

As every day passes by, Stephen becomes less of a stranger to me; he still doesn’t ring a bell, but he seems… amazing?

  I guess he’s still trying to help me recover, since he’s being really considerate, but sometimes, by the way he acts, it makes me wonder if he’s the one who had amnesia, I mean, when I ask him questions, he seems… unsure.

Halloween came in pretty close, and Stephen’s planning to have a big Halloween party in his place, so the guys and I are helping him set up. What he probably forgot though, is the fact that October 30th is my birthday.

                  “Hey Kat, where do you think we should put the bloody skeleton?” Jess asked as we were decorating the house for tonight.

                  “Does it even matter? I mean, we can put it anywhere. People won’t probably even pay any attention to it, just as long as there’s loud music and food,” I shrugged. Jess raised an eyebrow.

                  “Seriously, Kat? Okay, tell me, what’s going on, are you and Stephen fighting?” she asked, putting the bloody skeleton on the corner. She sat down beside me in the couch. The guys went out to get food and drinks.

                  “No, no! We’re not fighting, everything’s… fine,” I forced a little smile.

                  “Yeah, I’m not buying it, Kat, something’s bothering you,” she said.

                  “Well, I don’t know, I’m just… not feeling the ‘Halloween spirit’,” I shrugged. Suddenly, Jess stood up and pulled me up along with her. Gripping my hand, she got her keys as we made our way to the door.

                  “Where are we going?” I asked.

                  “The mall; We’re gonna get ourselves some Halloween costumes.” She said and winked at me.

                  “Halloween costumes?” I smirked. “Seriously, Jess?”

                  “Halloween is nothing without a little dress up, Kat, we’re getting ourselves costumes, gonna enjoy a little girl time and just… fling,” she smiled at me as she started the car engine.

~

                  I have no idea what we just bought. We got lots of dresses and all that (weird though, I’ve never even seen Jess in a dress). It took us long enough to find the best costume for me, since I really didn’t know what to wear. Jess, apparently, already reserved her costume, so she didn’t need to try it on. Bummer, I wanted to see what she’s dressing up as.

                  “Are the guys dressing up too?” I asked her as we paid for my costume.

                  “Yup, everyone dresses up on Halloween.” She replied.

                  “Really? Well uh, do you remember what I dressed up as last year?” I asked.

                  “Um, not really, no,” she said and quickly looked away.