9. (Kat)

“Katreena, it’s Stephen. Please pick up, I need to talk you, I need to explain. What you saw the other night- it wasn’t me.”

              “Kat, It’s Stephen again. Call me back, Kat, please? No? well, why not? I’m only asking you to hear me out.”

              “It’s me again. When will you ever pick up?”

              “Are you still mad at me? Can we talk about this?”

              “Jesus, Kat, it’s been about 5 days, please, I owe you an apology and an explanation, please, kat, just, call me back, or we could meet somewhere,”

              Everyday, this happens; Stephen fills my inbox with these. You’d think he was smart enough to get it.

              No. No, no, no, no, no… NO

              “He’s been flooding your inbox; don’t you think it’s time you guys talked about this?” Jess suggested gently as we strolled along the mall, looking for, surprisingly, swimsuits and bikinis.

              “I don’t know, Jess.” I sighed. “If I talked to him, I wouldn’t know what to say,”

              “Tell him the truth; what he did was shitty- as if he didn’t already know that, but hey,”

              “Can we just… not talk about him?” I slightly pleaded.

              Jess sighed. “Oh, alright,” and she looked down to her ringing phone. “It’s Jobe, hey, Kat, would you give me a minute?”

              I nodded as she took off, talking to Josh on the phone.

              I looked around and I spotted this couple sitting outside of El Taco, eating and talking and just, have a great time. I wonder if Stephen and I have done stuff like that.

              Stephen.

              Wow, five days, being separated from him feels like… like knowing nothing at all.

              It took Jess long enough to come back smiling excitedly.

              “Why are you so happy, what did Jobe tell you?” I asked.

            “Let’s just say we’re going out on a little vacation; all of us.” She said, hiding her playful smile.