The basketball match

This is the day I've been waiting for for two weeks.

That was my excuse of talking to Jordan so much. The day of the school's 24 hours basketball match.

It all started when I accidentally overheard when Ava tried to convince Jordan to make a mixed team from both girls and boys. I don't think I tell you a secret if I say that Jordan is the best basketball player in the county. What could I say you have to put up to the expectations. Thanks to his name they are quite high.

So back to my thoughttrain: Ava was begging to Jordan to take her in the team , but Jordan came up with dozens of excuses. The most valid one was that one girl is not enough for a mixed team. I was listening in their conversation and I think Jordan felt my gaze on his face because he aimed his question to me.
"So Elsa, can you play?"
"A little bit" I answered shyly and I tried to avoid Ava's piercing gaze. I wanted to play so badly , beacuse this way I could have a fun memory with my classmates expecially with the boys , because with them life is much more easier and funnier.
"And do you want to?"
Of course I want to , how could someone ask such a stupid question. I want nothing more than to have real friends and the best way to make friendship is through sports. Not that I have so much experience of it, but it's what I've been told.
"Yee, why not?!"

🏀🏀🏀

Today is the big day. We don't have classes today, but we must stay in school from 7:30 to 12:00. I bet you're thinking: who on earth would stay at school if the teachers don't write who is absent? Nobody would realise you're gone. Yes, you're 100% right. Still everybody follows this rule, because this day is about us-the students- and it's a lot of fun. You can chear of the others and the best part that is if you cheer hard enough for the hot guys they'll ask you out or at least they will talk to you and give you a chance after the match. It's an unwritten rule, everybody knows it and follows it so this is the time to catch your fish. I'm not kidding it's really like fishing the boys are sweat and slippery and they easly slip out of your grip just to get caught up in some else's net.

I managed to get together a girl group too and we started playing at the beginning,soo I was busy. We had a lot of fun, of course the boys cheared for us everytime we catched the ball. I was laughing at us with the boys constantly. It was hard to actually concentrate to the game, but somehow I managed to do that and I scored 3 points. It was perfect and elegant too. The whole audience started shouting and whistling. I was soo proud of myself. After my little suprise the judge blowed the whistle and the game was over. The boys started running towards me they lifted me up the air and I got countless of high-fives and congrats. I was grinnig form ear to ear. I knew right there that this day is holding even more suprises for me.

🌞🌞🌞

We were just chilling near the field where the grass felt extremely soft. The sun was shining and warmed my skin, it felt refreshing. This day was one of those spring days when nature calls for you. You just can't stay inside anymore after the frizing winter and suddenly everybody goes out for a walk, goes running or pops on their bicycles. We were just like the others; sitting in our picnic blanket and chatter about everything. Ava told us about her and Jacks relationship then Paul filled us in some school gossip. He had a really tricky personality; he was always around girls and didn't really had much guy friends, his gestaurs were really gayish and that's why a lot of people thought that he is gay. In my oppinion he is not. Being gay is more than just how you move your hands around when your explaining something , it's a sexuality and sometimes people forget that. You can't possibly now wheter you're gay or not when you haven't been with anybody. I hate these accusations , because the people who start it usually haven't been in a realisonship yet not to mention having deep physical contact. Other than that I think he is a really nice guy , caring and not a jackass type like the others. That's why he is not bothering to defend himself from the false accusations. He know what he is and he is fine with that not like the others who are just egotistical cowards.