Chapter 3

Needless to say, I didn't do very well in my test. Oh well. I went to my locker and exchanged books. Just one more hour and I can go eat something. Heaven!

I almost fell asleep in my Calculus class, thanks to the all nighter I pulled. I shared just Calculus with Lexis and Chemistry and Biology with Katherine. Lexis didn't disturb me during my nap in calculus for which I'm grateful.

The bell rang and woke me up. Mrs. Winny, our calculus teacher, didn't care if students fell asleep during her class. She just says that she noticed and doesn't appreciate.

"Miss Wilson, I'd like if you'd stay awake in my next lecture. I hope you'd plan your sleep schedule in a proper manner."

I heard a guy behind me whisper to his friend. "I'd like to help her sleep."

"Yes, Mrs. Winny, I'll be sure of that."

When she was gone, Lexis and I turned to that guy at the same time. Creepy. Lexis opened his mouth first. "The thing is, Trevor, she didn't sleep last night because we were busy doing what I doubt you've done in a long, long time. And she's as amazing as you think. And she's as mine as you know. Stay away from my girlfriend or God help me-"

I interrupted so that he doesn't loose control of his emotions and something unnatural happens.

"Thanks for the babysitting offer, Trevor. But I don't need it. Maybe you could beg some other girl for a night with you?"

With that I got up from my seat and pulled Lexis with me who was glaring at Trevor. "Calm down, will you?" Lexis just nodded.

During lunch, Lexis sat with his guy friends and I sat with Katherine and two other girls, Melissa and Evelyn. Sometimes I sat with Lexis and his friends, sometimes we both sat alone and sometimes I sat with these 3. Depends on my mood really.

Melissa and Katherine were talking about some upcoming event of our school and I was deep in thought about what Lexis had told me about The Secret Society in New York. It consisted of people who had some or the other power and Lexis wanted me to be a part of it. For that I had to perfect my Fire Control. I wanted to tell someone about all of this, other than Lexis and Sherry. I wanted Katherine, Melissa and Evelyn to know. I wanted Lexis' friends to know.

But I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

"...you think?"

I came to my senses when I saw Evelyn showing me a photo of a guy shirtless. He had blond hair, green eyes and was smirking at something beside the camera. It was a candid but looked like a photoshoot.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, what you do you think? His name is Daniel and his mom is friends with my mom. They're coming over for dinner tonight and I think he might be interested in me!" She said excitingly.

Evelyn had shoulder length brown hair, hazel eyes and a rather well height. She came more into the cute category than hot. Melissa definitely came into the hot category. Long blond hair, gray eyes and a perfect smile. Oh yeah, she was good.

Daniel looked good but then I turned towards Lexis and saw his blue eyes widen at something his friends said and then they all burst into laughter. I smiled and realized just how much I love him.

"You should go for it, Evelyn. Just be steady and don't jump into anything. Get to know Daniel first."

"I will, thanks Reneysa!" I smiled at her and the bell rang.

Chemistry. Joy. Sarcasm.

Katherine and I got up together and said goodbye to Melissa and Evelyn. Lexis came up to me and kissed my cheek and said,

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing." I smiled as i realised what he was getting at.

"So do you think I could take you out for dinner?"

"Of course."

....

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. Since i knew what Lexis means by 'dinner', i wore a black skinny ripped jeans with a black off shoulder crop top that a choker attached to it from the back. I grabbed a leather jacket and my purse. I wore black heels but didn't apply much makeup. Just eyeliner.

5 minutes before the set time, Lexis came on my doorstep with a red rose in hand. Why is he being so romantic?

"Why are you being so romantic?" I laughed a bit at the end so that it doesn't seem harsh.

"Why, hello to you too, Reneysa. You look quite nice." He said with a charming smile on his face.

I blushed a bit, a bit, and took the rose he offered me. I placed it in a vase and he took my hand in his.

"Thank God you didn't dress up in a one piece dress or something. We're not going to a very fancy restaurant." He said sheepishly.

"I know you, Lexis. Quite well. And I don't care where we go."

He opened the passenger seat for me and kissed me on the lips before I got in. We talked about little things here and there and I had forgotten how we both possessed supernatural abilities until he brought it up. Damn, it was all so normal. Why did we have this complication?

"Tomorrow we'll apply for your admission in The Secret Society."

"Do we have to? Like will I die if I don't?"

He glanced at me before focusing back on the road. "No, but-"

"Oh great! Then I won't becau-"

"You have to, Reneysa. It isn't a choice. Trust me they're all nice people and you'll make friends who get what all this feels like."

I recalled how I was thinking about telling someone at lunch today. It was true, I needed an outlet. A release.

"Fine."

He smiled at me. "That's my girl."

He parked in front of a small cozy rooftop restaurant. He knew how much I loved the night sky and this was one of my favorite spots in the city.

"Come on."

He opened the door for me and I smiled as the cool breeze hit me. Peace.

We put on our jackets and I followed him inside.