Introduction

A little misunderstanding was going on in the air between Ari and her mom as they ride the car home. Her dad sighs as he listens to their long and pointless discussion of Ari's enrollment in a music class in school.

"Honey, you need to enroll in a music class it would be beneficial to your personal and academical developments," her mom explained.

"But I don't even like music mom" Ari argues softly.

"FUCK" a loud voice exclaimed as a sign of panic.

Ari and her mom looked at the direction of her dad only to get a glimpse of an incoming vehicle and hear it honking before the collision. The impact was so powerful between each cars that the glass of every window shattered to pieces as Ari's father flew out of the window hitting the car in front, smashing his face into something one would consider a tomato pulp, while her mom gets lunged forward, being stopped by the seatbelt, hitting her head on the dashboard that her skull caved in. Ari however hit her head on the back of the seat in front of her scraping her face before a shattered glass from the window hit her left eye blinding her. Ari heard screeching and screaming as she felt the car spin before her consciousess and vision gave in.

***

There is silence as Ari opens her right eye to the cold and white ceiling of the hospital. "Help," she whispers into nothingness with a raspy dry voice, tears forming in the corner of her eye as she remembered what happened that night. "Mom... Dad..." she calls as a nurse opens the door to her room. "Oh dear," the nurse exclaims as she rushes to Ari's aid while calling for help. Ari tried to ask for her parents from the nurse but the only thing she got from her was gentle and bitter hushing and the words "don't worry, everything's going to be ok." Ari wailed loudly as she squirms and pleads for her parents as if to make up for the time she lost sleeping.

***

Ari feels the wind rushing in through the car window as the orphanage's chairman drive her to the National Children's Orphanage. She has heard rumors of the place mistreating children but was never proven of due to lack of evidence. Her face became visibly weary of the thought which the chairman noticed.

"Everything's going to be fine Ari, the orphanage is a very nice place" the chairman expressed confidently.

"How would things be fine mister? My parents are dead, my left eye is blind... and I could barely move my left arm," Ari replies with remorse.

Silence.

*NOTE: if the flow of the story is a bit wonky or my grammar is off or some details are missing, I'm sorry...

anyway, thank you for reading :D