A Threat

Ari walked out the office of Wilfred and returned to her room as she continues to occupy her thoughts of the conversation she has heard. "The doctor's not conducting experiments on children... is he?" she thought trying to convince herself that such a thing can't possibly be happening. "Maltreatment is one thing... but this? Experimentations?" she continues to think, trying hard to reason with herself.

***

Wilfred and Arthur continued to converse when Ari left the office in silence.

"She seems like a nice kid..." Arthur pointed.

"You think so?" Wilfred asks doubtfully.

"Why? What's on your mind?" Arthur questions curiously.

"Her behavior changed... earlier today she wasn't stuttering as much nor showing any sign of 'shyness' or doubt if I may assume so..." Wilfred explains.

"Oh?"

"Do you think... she heard our conversation?" Wilfred ponders.

"Unlikely. But, what's on your mind?" Arthur asks.

"Well clearly we can't take risks,"

"Clearly, and?"

"I was thinking maybe we should just make her the seventh."

***

Ari was lying on her side on the bed still thinking. She grumbles under her breath at how she can't stop thinking about it, turning to her other side facing the wall. A little later on she fell asleep with the thought of the conversation still in her mind. It was not long before Ari started dreaming, or in this case it was more of a nightmare.

Ari wakes up in a small room, considerably at a size of 1 x 1 meter. It was dark and earthy with only a hint of light coming from the small window of the door and it's gaps from the door jamb. There was another child in there who was resting it's naked body on the wall as if trying to sleep in this compressive room. Ari looked at the child brushing it's uncombed hair to see it's face, it was her. She felt disgusted at the sight of her body, it was dirty and... bloody. There were several cuts on her face and body that has been cut, stitched, and reopened for further examinations. Ari also saw bruises on her body to which she did not know the cause of. She soon noticed her body's eyes despite being closed, were hollow suggesting that they have been scooped out. Ari gagged at the final image she saw before her vision turned to black.

Ari wakes up gasping in a dark room before realizing the excruciating pain that vibrates throughout her body, she yelps as she holds her stomach area. She felt several wound stitches, they were fresh and bleeding making her feel queasy. She started crying but then realizing that she didn't feel any tear form, she touched her eyes despite the pain of moving, they felt hollow. Ari gags by the touch but the only thing that came out of her mouth was saliva. "They're gone!" she thought as she started to cry and howl in pain and agony.

Ari wakes up again but this time for good, her body was covered with sweat and the room felt hot. She realized that the sun is setting suggesting how long she has been asleep. "You need to be careful," a child's voice warned. Ari quickly looked at the direction of the voice to see Flint sitting on the chair of her desk, staring at her intently. She was more confused than furious as to why he was there sitting casually, "What?" Ari asks with an exhausted voice. But Flint didn't speak and Ari grew impatient of waiting an answer. "Your dream, they felt real didn't they?" Flint asked suddenly. Ari thought of it and realizes that her dreams did feel too real, she gags at the memories of it to which Flint accepted as an answer of 'yes'. "They are warnings, please believe me," Flint said as his expression changed to a concerned one.

A/N: I hate that i had to do the dream part to Ari... but it must be done for the sake of the story!!!!

anyway because of that dream part I had to make this story mature just to be sure soooo I hope you guys will like it :D