T H R E E

Euphemia

I couldn't stay with Keith knowing that my father would be looking for me. I knew that it was Zach that was chasing after them, it wasn't any coincidence it was him and he was after me.

But how did he know where I was and who I was with? I ran out of the house before they could see me leave.

Oh, wait I remember now. He has people watching me. This man is crazy... I wasn't going back to him but I can't stay with Keith putting him in danger. I don't want to be the reason for his death or if he ends up in the hospital.

It was beginning to become chilly due to it being the fall season. I didn't have my jacket with me either so I knew I would be catching a cold soon.

I walked for what seemed like hours through the streets of Brooklyn not knowing where to go. I didn't have any other family at least, I don't know if I did. If so they probably don't even care about me neither.

I want to know the truth about my mama. I wanna know if she really did leave me or if something happened to her. Keith believes that Edward has done something to her and that's what I'm starting to believe too. I know she wouldn't leave just because she didn't want me because if she really didn't want me she would have aborted me and that's facts.

I walked past an alley where there were females wearing clothes that were 3 sizes too small, giggling and laughing. They smiled at me. They smelled like straight cigarettes. Just nasty

"Hey, little girl, what you doin' out here all alone at this time of night?" One of the ladies asked she wore a black leather skirt and a red half shirt. I could see her freaking underboob, and her teeth were turned a yellow color.

"Sorry lady but I don't have time to talk I gotta get outta here," I tell her. She scrunched up her face then started laughing

"And where exactly are you going? You wouldn't survive two seconds going through this hood alone"

"Can you mind your business, please. I'm not bothering you, so you shouldn't be bothering me" I snapped but she just started laughing again.

What the hell is so funny?

"Just leave the Lil' girl alone Candace, you see she don't wanna be bothered" The other lady rolled her eyes before blowing a bubble with her gum. She didn't look as bad as Candace, in fact, she was prettier. I liked her big curly hair but her clothes were still too tight.

"I just don't want the girl to get hurt walking around a neighborhood like this you know how Edward gets when he sees girls her age walkin' 'round here alone" When I heard the name Edward my heart started beating out of control. She couldn't mean my dad. Could she?

"If the kid wants to go then let her. You can't stop her" Candace looked a little disappointed and the other lady looked as if she didn't care

"Wait what's Edward's last name?" I needed to know if they were really talking about my dad. If so I needed another route to take.

"Gordan, but the streets call him G. Why you wanna know kid?"

"I gotta go" I took off not looking back for the second time today and then it hit me. I was my dad's special girl. Every time I walk past him while he's on the phone he would say how he has someone special waiting for them or something like that but now I understand what he means.