S E V E N

Euphemia

Genesis says that she doesn't want to leave for California until she knows that Candace is alright. She doesn't want to leave and end up getting a call saying that Candace passed away. I completely understood that. To pass time while she went to check on her I just stayed in my room and drew roses. Those were my favorite kind of flower, especially purple ones. The color was just so vibrant to me. It made me feel at peace, I would always buy some from the flower shop that was a few blocks from my school. That is until Edward made me stop because he couldn't stand the smell of roses. He would take them from me and stomp on them right in front of my face.

The doorbell rang taking me away from my thoughts. I got up from my queen sized bed and headed downstairs towards the door. Making sure I looked through the peep hole before opening it, I saw that it was just Keith and Raymond. My heart fluttered when I saw Raymond but I didn't know why.

I opened the door noticing that Keith was on crutches instead of sitting in a wheelchair. He smiled at me showing off his pearly white teeth.

"Hi" I greeted slyly

"What's up Mia? How you doing?"

I stepped aside letting them in. They looked around admiring the house before taking a seat on the couch "I'm good" I responded after closing the door. I honestly didn't know what to say so there was an awkward silence between the three if us. I wasn't really good at making conversation with people.

"Where's Miss G?" Raymond asked killing the silence

"She went to go visit Candace in the hospital" I tell him "She says we aren't leaving until she knows if she's okay or not"

Raymond just nodded before pulling out his phone, I guess to text someone. I continued to stand in the same spot still not knowing what to say. I picked at my finger nails for a while.

"Come sit Mia. I don't bite" Keith patted a spot next to him on the couch. I contemplated on weather or not if I should sit next to him "Why you acting so nervous?"

I shrugged my shoulders and slowly walked towards him and took a seat. He smelled nice, I think he used that Axe cologne that Edwards uses before he goes out or after he smoked weed.

"Tell me a little about yourself Mia, because all I really know is your name and that your pops is a Bastard" I giggled at the last part

"And all I know about you is your name and that you live alone"

I pointed to his chest and he smirked "how bout I tell you about me first and then you tell me about you. And if Raymond wants the introduce himself then he can too" Keith looked over at Raymond who was smiling at his phone, clearly not paying attention to what was being said.

"That's fine" I agreed

"Alright well as you already know my name Keith, I'm 18. Graduated highschool a few months ago and recently moved out of my moms place. My pops was killed when I was nine years old. He was killed by a drunk driver while on his way home from work.  I love basketball, its my go to and a stress reliever. I spend most of my time at the court when I'm not over at my moms place. I turned to basketball when my pops died, it helped keep me calm.
"There ain't really much to know about me cause my life ain't that interesting so it's your turn"

I didn't even know Keith was that old, he really didn't seem like it. I honestly thought that he was only 16.

"Well um..." I really didn't know where to begin I really didn't have a life because of Edward. He wouldn't let me do anything unless it was for him. I barley even went to school because of him. I don't know why but I felt my eyes begin to tear up. My life has been controlled by Edward and I didn't have any fun, any feedome or happiness. I was just... Nobody

"Theres nothing to know about me" I mumbled not really wanting him to hear me.

"C'mon there's gotta be something about you."

"No there isn't. Except that I'm 15 and the daughter of a freaking dictator. I have no life because of him. He keeps me out of school, I got raped and abused most of the time. He made me quit my job..." I trailed off not really wanting to say anything else. Keith pulled me closer to him, I just felt so safer being in his arms. He rubbed my back to sooth me

"It's alright Mia, you'll be far away from him really soon baby girl. Stop crying so much though. You're too pretty for all of that." He told me. Raymond finally looked up from his phone to see what was going on.

"Whats wrong with Lil mama?"

"Nothing. She alright" Keith said looking down at me. I had calmed down a bit and was just staring off into space not thinking about anything in particular.

Hopefully I will be far away from him.