Sorry

We don't talk much often anymore.

Sorry. I know we should.

But I don't know what to say, and when I do, you're on the other side of the door.

Out in the world, somewhere, doing what we all knew you could.

You follow your ideas, your thoughts, your dreams.

Always out somewhere, doing something, making that goal real.

And the things you do, each creation you make, your progress is amazing, it seems

Maybe if I place my feet in your footsteps, I can follow you, past your walls of steel.

Glances are shorter each time, each word out of my mouth is harsher, sharper.

I can tell that you're getting impatient with me, slowly pulling yourself away.

But as time moves on, you're just getting farther.

But still, I think back to when we sat on that hammock, sitting in silence as we sway;

You're packing up now.

Sorry. I guess time passed too soon.

You're leaving soon. I know what I should do, but how?

Do you remember, back on that hammock, do you remember that tune?

The one we both liked, humming along as the sea wind dusted across our skin

Or when we woke up, Saturday morning to play with old dominos.

When we slept in each other's room, talking about the little ants, when the light was dim,

Or when we sat, rain outside pounding as we played on the computer, how we were close

Sorry. I know I should have thought before I talked

Then maybe I would have been able to watch you go

Instead, your door to the outside, to me, remains locked

Sorry. And I'll only ask this before you leave- you remember that one time we tried to go sledding when the world was covered in snow?

I miss those times.

Sorry. 

x0x0x0x

At this point, I believe it is safe for me to talk again? 

Its about time I said something again. I never really go on here anymore, I know. It's got to be boring, that checking up on a story with no updates. Ever, really.  Ah, well. Three updates at once has got to be fun, right? For those who may read Kingdom Come, I'm working on actually creating a cover. And also on updating it. I've got up to the sixth chapter written, but I guess I don't put them up? A question, if I may- Should I talk about each part that I've written? Do you care enough? This one's from August, anyways. Written for my sister, who was going away to College at the time. A little old, but, hey. Might as well. 

Thanks.