Chapter 6:struggled shopping

it was a Saturday, and I'm here lying on my bed listening to all the trucks coming from outside. I was annoyed because they're probably the moving trucks for the Harold Brothers. Helping them get extra furniture from their old house and stuff.

I have no idea what I should be feeling, I'm happy because Peter is my neighbour and we're actually becoming good friends.

On the other hand, there's Vaughn the annoying, arrogant, playboy and JERK. Yes he's popular, gorgeous and outgoing but he is a stupid jerk. I dont even know why girls can stand him, well only because he's hot and probably good in bed but thats it. I'm not like one of those girls that want to sleep with him, that drool over him. So whatever he's doing is not going to work. I'm probably the only girl he hasnt slept with so thats why he's trying to seduce me. Peter is nowhere near his brother. He's smart, caring, sweet, funny and cute and I won't get sick of admitting that. Although Vaughn is hotter than him but at least Peter is not arrogant and annoying like him.

I got up from bed and took a quick shower. I wore a loose singlet that has a glittery cross in the middle and a pair of denim shorts.

I went downstairs and saw my mom cooking in the kitchen. The smell made me starve. I'm glad that even my mom is always busy with her work and stuff she still has time to cook for her kids.

"Morning ,mom". I greeted her chirpily.

"oh morning sweetie". She greeted back with the same amount of enthusiasm.

"wheres dad?" I asked as I sat at the dinning table.

"oh honey, he left early. He said he's got a lot of work to do." she explained.

Like always! I should be used to that by now.

My mom served me some pancakes with syrup and butter. I sliced a piece and gobbled it down.

Hmmm, heaven. My mom is such a good cook.

"hey,mom." Caleb appeared as he walked gloomily down the stairs.

"Watcha eatin?" He asked me sitting down across from me.

"I dont know...spaghetti" I replied sarcastically.

"haha very funny... not." He rolled his eyes and started tapping his fingers on the table repeatedly.

I ignored his comment and grinned at him.

"so Caleb, you're in a good mood, what happened?" Sarcasm dear, is a virtue.

"That's none of your business Clara, and nothing I just went out with my mates and came home."

"oh thats funny Caleb, because you see, you were the reason why I was up all night" I winked,

my brother is such a playboy. He fits right in with the popular group seeing as how they are all playboys but gorgeous.

But then when I call him such a name he defends himself by saying 'I'm a man with needs.'

"But is she that bad to make you frown so early in the morning, why weren't satisfied enough?" I teased smirking.

"shut up,and eat!"my brother snapped.

"so, Clara I'm gonna give you my credit card and you have to go shopping." my mom interrupted.

Have to go shopping, thats weird. My mom doesnt really let me go shopping if necessary.

Must be important then.

"so mom,whats the occasion?" I questioned, my eyes narrowing a bit with curiousness.

"nothing, can't I let my daughter have some fun." she defended herself.