joe and gina

Trouble ahead, trouble behind. And that notion, just crossed my mind. - grateful dead

" Twenty." The voice didn't match the man. It was too high pitched. Black workshirt, opened to a black tank top, black work pants. He looked like he was carved out of stone.
"Sixty takes it." Joe was scared, Blue was with him, Jack too, Mabel in his waist band.
Still this man scared him, he was six feet of white pride rage, neck tattoos and SS lightning bolts on both wrists.

"Twenty and I give you this new shit.
Makes krocodile look like insulin. Body high out of this world."

Joe stared hard into this mans blue eyes, it was like looking at frozen lakes.  No emotion, no way to tell if what he was saying was true or if he even belived it. One thing Joe belived was he and Blue was leaving either with this twenty bucks and no weed or with a few knife wounds and no weed.
  "Okay." Joe held out the sandwhich bag full of the best weed in Texas.
A twenty dollar bill and a twisted up baggie of brown powder landed at his feet.
'Now get out of here." The skinhead turned, spit twice and walked to the mouth of the alley.
Joe picked up the money and the nickle sized baggie and turned to Blue.
"We got screwed..."
"Least we alive." Blue shrugged and lit a Newport.
"True. Let's go to Gina's."
Blue walked besides him as Joe stared at the small bag as he stomach dropped.
"Gina's ain't gonna be happy."
"Is Scarface ever?" Blue shrugged.
" surprised we didn't get shot, you in that faggot Lions jersey." His stomach tightened. "Leave her alone man. She can't help it."
"Was surprised we didn't get shot when he smelled the poop in your drawers. And whatever Romeo."
Joe gave a mocking shrug and Blue punched him in the shoulder.
"Let's go see that lady of yours Joe. Maybe she's got some good stuff. We can smoke that crap you just bought. Should be enough for, oh I dunno, a midget to at least get a headache."
"Sure Blue. I'll call our buddy back up, sure he's got more. Hell I know you like them German boys."

They were back to their bikes now. Night had gotten colder and started to drizzle a bit.

" let's get the hell out of here, Blue."
Blue kicked his bike over and started pedaling away, "Maybe ill get lucky if I get there first!" He yelled from twenty feet away.
"Wouldn't doubt it." Joe mumbled as he pulled his huffy upright.

"It's suposed to be something great. That's why theres not shit there. Paid 300$ for it and it's worth it." Joe lied.

Gina looked over the scarred coffee table at Blue and Joe. Smoke filled the living room of her tiny apartment, TV droning on in the background.

"-oh yeah great stuff." Blue leaned forward off his threadbare chair. "Man last time we did it i -"
" You come in here wearing that Detroit shit, stink up my living room with those cheap ass cigarettes. Now you lie to me?"  She sat up from the couch and leaned across the coffee table. Blue and Joe's eyes went to her chest.
"Hey assholes. Up here." Their eyes came up to hers but couldn't hold her gaze. They were staring at her scar that zigzagged across her face. Parting gift from a exboyfriend. She was pretty in a hard way, even with the scar.
'White Trash Royalty' she's been called. She was five foot five and twenty two years old. "Why am I messing with these pricks?" She thought.
" just..." She felt the scar tighten as she scowled. "Just set it up Blue." She sighed, exhausted all of a sudden.
" yeah come on Blue." Joe left his chair and moved over to the couch next to Gina. He slipped arm around her, pulled out the gun from his waist band and sat it on the table.
'Jesus what happened to me?" Gina wondered, staring at the cheap bluish gun.
Ten minutes later she didn't wonder about anything. Whatever it was the boys brought over had her staring at the wall and floating ten feet off the ground.
She was hungry, sweaty and itchy, small price to pay for the way she was feeling.
"Joe?" She felt like she was underwater and not sure if she said anything or not.
"Yeah Gina?"
She didnt respond, the wall was moving and she couldn't decide if she was scared or fascinated. One thing she did know was she was happy for the first time in a long time.