Dale Dr Hazel

"I. Don't. Care." Alicea Hazel spit out her words. standing at the head of the heavy table she made eye contact with the men staring at her.
"Ketamine doesn't just disappear. Tranquilizer darts just don't up and vanish. I can't treat my patients if I dont have-"

"Animals." Dale smirked at her from his chair.

"Patients. I'm a veterinarian. A good one. And I'm on the board, if I say this is a problem it's a problem."

"Yeah about that. With these medications disappearing I don't know how good a vet you really are." Dale looked over at the man across the table and nodded.

"Eh. Erm. Yes. We voted and we dont think we can keep you on. It's a matter of principle you see." Mike Arsunald, the assistant director of the zoo looked at the other four men seated around the table.

"Principle? No. Its because I'm black. Isnt it?" Alicea glared at the men sitting around the table. Director of this head of that, she couldn't keep the names and title straight.
"You ignorant bastards." She whispered, fight out of her. "You are going to pretend this zoo isnt dying. This town isnt dying. I'm the only one who gives a shit." Her voice started gaining strength and volume. " You all know where this medication is going. Either you know or you think you know and now you arent doing a damn thing about-"

She was interrupted by a bright flash of purple light and a terrible noise as all the animals started vocalizing panic.

"What?" Dale asked to the room. Any response was drowned out by the awful noise of the animals.