Green Eyes And An Envious Stare

Chapter one: awakening

I awoke to a distant and somewhat familiar ringing. I turned my fogy head to face my digital clock. It reads 5:30am and as it happens, exactly thirty minuets until the alarm will buzz. I stared at the ceiling in disapproval of the surplus time. Although I had to admit, I liked the idea of having some space to think alone for a short while.

I could feel my consciousness diminishing as my mind rapidly processed thoughts. The split nano second before my heavy eyelids close over my green eyes, I experience a vivid flashback. In this sudden occurrence I am forced to watch and relive the events that took place in my previous relationship.

I remember how James pressed my body against the fence, with a solid yet gentle grip, then as swift as a soaring eagle embraced my lips with his. I remember being the one to pull away, making up for it by pulling him into a tight hug...

The sudden painfully memories my ex had given me sent shivers down my spine and made me feel restless.

I thought of how frequent the memories of James became and how long it took me to erase all emotion for him. Leaving feelings directed towards James as empty and bland as a blank sheet of paper.

Most people I know tend to hold strong grudges against their ex lovers and if the coincidence of meeting them unexpectedly occurs, they can become quite aggressive and relentless. I've never really been able to hold a grudge longer than a month. The only exception being one person who-