Random Scene Five: Birthday Girl

May 29th 1999, outside on the balcony. (Side note: Ik this is not Kidada's real bday but this whole story is fictional anyways so lol.)

Aaliyah: Girll I ain't gonna lie, I have been missing D-Town like crazy.

Kidada: D-Town has definitely been missing you too. But Ik you all living it up and lavish in Cali. That's like your new home.

Aaliyah: My second home, Ki. Can't forget NY is my origin as well, but I will be showing Detroit a lot more love later on this year, best believe that.

Kidada: *Lifts up her drink* Mhm. I've just missed you like crazy, Li. That's why I made sure I booked a flight to L.A just to be around you more.

Aaliyah: *Smiles* Yes, girl and I'm wrapping up "Romeo must Die" too.

Kidada: You are reaching milestones many people could only dream of. I'm proud of you, Lili *hugs her side*

Aaliyah: *cheesing* No, I am proud of you. I'm not the only one heading far in their career Ms. Fashionista.

Kidada: Oh yes, my clothing line is far in the works. I'm still undecided on a name, though.

Aaliyah: You ever thought about 'Abra Ca Dada'? Cuz Wat you're representing is black magic, Ki *laughs*

Kidada: Abra Ca Dada? I'm not even finna entertain that nonsense.

Aaliyah: *gasps* Hey it's clever and not taken. If you do end up using the name, I don't want any credit, trust.

Kidada: You are sum else, girl haha! But seriously, I was thinking maybe naming my clothing line after Pac.

Aaliyah: Seriously?

Kidada: Yeah Li, I mean it's only right to pay homage to him in some way. After all, he was my first love...still is.

Aaliyah: Well, I would definitely support that. I know how much he still means to you, Dada. Pac will be here in spirit of your final decision too, don't worry.

Kidada: *half smiles* Thanks Li. Like I know it's been 3 years but I still can't believe it. Spending this birthday without him again is surreal.

Aaliyah: There is no clock for grief, Dada. Just know that I'm sure he would want you to be happy and turn up with your home girl. *Hip bumps her*

Kidada: *Laughs you're right* It's actually comforting knowing both of our love lives are complicated.

Aaliyah: Both? Chile I don't have one.

Kidada: *Side eyes* mhmm.

Aaliyah: What?

Kidada: No one in particular?

Aaliyah: Nah.

Kidada: From Boys to men, constantly trying to get with you, my lie detector says that it is a lie.

Aaliyah: Alright now, Maury Povich.

Kidada: *laughs* Girl I'm serious.

Aaliyah: And I am too.

Kidada: Gin speaks very fond of you in the public.

Aaliyah: Gin is a very good friend of mine and that boundary simply can't be crossed between us. Haven't really hung out in a while either. He's all gearing up for tour and with his hoochie mamas all the time.