6 - Dear Best Friend

I have several destinations to this letter. Instead of names I would rather put the collection of countries someone above a best friend once assigned to each of us. I asked her: If we were a committee, what countries would we be? And so today I write to four different countries: all have a special spot in my heart. So what countries would you be? Today I have four letters to write: Dear Nicaragua, Dear Mexico, Dear Saudi Arabia and Dear United States. Yours sincerely, The Soviet Union.

Dear Nicaragua

I know we once were friends. The very best. We were an amazing team regardless we technically had different roads and we thought very differently. Today, you have turned to China, another power in the committee. I can't blame you: he's more able to help than I am. I just want to tell you something; even if we don't speak much, you still have an unmovable place in my heart. You once saved me from depression, and that is unforgettable. Our friendship is not about small talk; it's about trust. And we were trusted friends since the very beginning.

Yours sincerely,

The Soviet Union.

Dear Mexico.

You have a way more powerful neighbor. If someone names your continent, they will always think about him. The United States is an ally you have; don't hold a grudge for his power. It's better for you to be his ally too. You know I always got your back... he can get it too.

Love,

The Soviet Union

Dear Saudi Arabia

Because our friendship is one of the most solid ever. I have written in the past... today, I only include you in this letters for protocol. You are my best friend.

Best,

Soviet Union

Dear United States

Our friendship is extraordinary, some people would say. I've been told too much it's impossible we're friends, let alone we are this close. I've been told we shouldn't be friends. I've told them to suck my ass. Honestly, why challenge such friendship? I am sorry to say I've never heard a compliment to our friendship; most have been complaints. But whenever I hear attacks to me or to you, I dismiss them. The United States of America is a world power. The Soviet union supposedly one too but... I lack your charm... I will dissolve eventually. Your allies are all around the world... I have a proposal; let's make something great together... like the United Nations. Something that will do better in the world. Let's do it... before a Cold War breaks out. Because everyone collides against each other sometimes... but our collision is yet to come and remember the Cold War made the world be at the brink of a World War III... There is a collision and I am willing to survive it. I am willing to make this friendship survive it... are you?

Yours sincerely,

The Soviet Union