That Night

Imagine your hand in Simon's, walking down the stone brick street towards the River Thames with the soft blue and indigo of twilight blending the sky above. The naked trees on either side of the two of you have their bare, scraggly branches laced with blue lights that smoothly glide across the ground and the walls and buildings to your sides. Feeling his hand adjust amongst yours you bring your eyes up to his face, taking in all of his features. From his gentle, sapphire eyes to his softly angled cheekbones, sliding your eyes down to his rounded, soft lips only to jump back up to his eyes when he spoke. The light shaded his face, covering it with half of a mask of the careful night.

"I'm so glad that you're here with me (Y/N). Taking a night away from everything was more than a great idea," he said, smiling down to you and lifting your hand to be wrapped in both of his. "It's not right, you know," the words quietly trailing out as he turned his head up to the sky.

"What do you mean, Simon?" His name gliding through the chilled air, making you feel the love you have for him deep in your chest.

"What's not right is that you can completely blow me away just from having me look at you. Every time I look over at your beautiful face I remember why I'm so happy with you. But you're smile is a completely different story, I lose my words when I see you so happy." He said letting a small smile turn the corners of his lips.

A slight warmth runs along your cheeks as a smile makes its way to your expression, echoing your bliss from his words. "I have no idea how you can manage to think of something cuter than you are, Simon Minter." The sound of his name was like music for you to hear.

"Eh, well, I've had some time to think between my videos," he utters, flicking his eyes to the left and shrugging his shoulders. "But listen, you take so much time out of your normal day to take walks like this with me and I love that you do that for me." His smile falling. "I don't know how you always seem to know when I need a break from everything but somehow you almost know me better than myself. And I've been thinking about this and having a relationship with you. It's been such a long time that we've been together; such a long time that you've been the kindest and most caring person towards me. I cherish all the times that we have ever had together and I... well, I want to have so many more with you..." he trailed off as he gulped and looked towards the ground.

His face looked worried and hesitant with his eyes scanning the bricks beneath us and his lips sucking in, showing the gears of his mind running together. He looked back up to get your questioning gaze, his face still tense in thought, but relaxing just enough to let him speak,

"I want to have so many more of the great times we've had together, but I can't do that, (Y/N)."

Your heart plummeted to the bottom of your stomach as your mind started racing with questions and a cool shade entered your chest.

"I can't do it without...god...listen, what I'm trying to say is..." he winced at his inability to get the words out of his mouth, "...I couldn't do it without you by my side, holding my hand along the way and making me laugh. I couldn't do it unless I had you to be there with me, making me the happiest man there is to be alive..." He paused, "(Y/N), I can't do it unless you'll say yes."

Your mind was still processing what he had just said, at first it seemed like he might be ending your relationship, but then it took a nicer turn and now where the hell are you? You were putting the words together in your head before you realized you were watching him place one long leg behind him to get down on his one knee whilst he was pulling a small box from his pocket, lifting it between the two of you and opening it.

"(Y/N), I want you to be with me and I with you for every step we take after this day. I want you be the one to hold you when you cry, take care of you when you're sick, cook dinner for you when you come home from a long day at work, and be your person. I want you to be with you for the rest of my life, (Y/N)," He gulps, eyes glistening with tears that matched the smile written across his face, "Will you marry me?"