Chapter Two

I noticed it. Just barely. How her feet were planted at first. Then she changed. How her feet were then ready to glide over the floor at any moment. How her fists loosened. Before, she would have punched anyone in the face. Then she changed. Her hands were prepared to glide between any space.
               And I was confused. Why did she change? What was she doing?

"Alright... Fight," Ty ordered. He sounded as if we should have known it was time to drill.

               Saige closed her eyes and prepared herself. I stood, trying not to shake. I was trying to prepare myself for the beating of a lifetime. I wanted to know Saige, and she wasn't going to trust me if I hit her during drilling just to keep out of trouble.

               Then, Saige did something so risky- so insane- I thought Ty would pull her down and beat her to the ground right there on the spot. She kicked the stereo to her left, and a song by 'Twenty One Pilots' came on. I recognized it as 'Polarize'. Saige took a second to feel out the beat of the song before she decided to do the equivalent of Destroying herself.

               Saige started dancing. It wasn't the type of dancing people did in clubs or anything; it was beautiful, and it felt real. She looked like a pro. She ignored her hair as it fell in every direction spinning around.

               Ty smiled for a moment as I did... but then he shot a look at the nurses. They approached the stage and picked Saige up. She fell still as they drug her to Ty. They dropped her in front of him.

Ty tisked. "Saige, I thought we've been over this. Drilling is required."

"Okay," Saige answered as if she couldn't care less. I was pretty sure she didn't.

"Well anyways, if you don't do Drilling, we have to punish you."

Saige stood. "Tarites?"

"Well, we could, but I think you already have those."

"Think? Have I confused you?"

               I stepped off of the stage and walked over the Saige.

"Not me. I see you. The 'doctors' however... Well." Ty said the word 'doctors' as if they were insignificant. Useless even.

"Hey, will you just back off of her," I cut in.

Saige half heartedly scolded me. "Raid, I don't need you to interfere right now."

"Awe, did you make a friend, Saige?" Ty asked her sarcastically.

"Yeah," I answered stepping a little closer to Ty. "Yeah she did."

Saige looked at me and bit her lip. "Yes," she agreed.

               I took her arm and started to pull her back towards her room. She didn't need to deal with Ty and all of his BS.
               Then Saige collapsed behind me. I turned to help her up and ask her what happened, but I realized everything when I saw Ty smiling.

"Remember, you can be as good as ever. You can be better than anyone," Ty stepped one step closer to me. "But I still have more power."

               I cursed and picked up Saige bridal style. She hung to my neck murmuring quietly. Most of it was incomprehensible... but then I heard something.

"Raid, don't let me fall asleep."

               I stopped in front of my room, knowing Saige's was too far. With a deep breath, I opened my door and laid her on my bed.