Endangered

"Uh...excuse me," I muttered. I began to saunter away casually, only to have my follower snatch me by my collar. I turn around, to find a rather sizable, broad man staring back at me. He grabbed me by the hand.

"One word, and I'll make sure that you won't ever be able to speak again through that mouth. Now that I have you, you are going to walk through that entryway, and onto the plane, all while you are lugging around this."

He handed me a bland, brown suitcase. "Why, again, should I do this for you?" I asked him. "After all, I'm sure that I won't be able to get out of the airport with this."

"Because, if you don't, I will detonate the bomb, killing you and whoever else is around you at the time. You have the suitcase. Now go."

Being delivered that ultimatum, I left the pursuer behind. I glanced back- he had already fled the scene. I sighed, and then thought about how it would have been smarter to have gotten some other information than that of his outward appearance. I trekked on, however, towards the terminal.

I sat myself down onto one of many sofas outside of the entryway to the plane. I peered into my backpack, searching for my cell phone, when I found a miniscule, cyndrilical earpiece. Knowing immediately that Sensasco had planted it in my backpack, I snatched it out of my pack, and covertly shoved it into my ear.

Immediately, I hear Sensasco breath a sigh of relief. "Thank God, you've found it. Any news that needs to be discussed?"

After making sure I couldn't be heard, I responded. "I think I have a bomb with me. The pursuer from the drive over to the airport just forced onto me, and threatened to blow it up if I didn't bring it onto the plane with me."

After a pause, Sensasco replied. "Find a safe place where no other visitors are, immediately. Normally, you wouldn't learn this until your training was over, but you are going to have to defuse a explosive."

*****************************************************************************************************************

I found a refuge away from the airport's endless hubbub in an "under-construction" section of the facility. I set down the suitcase carefully, and opened it suspiciously, so that I could be sure it wasn't the type of bomb to set itself off on opening. Before I had the case fully open, I became worried. One wrong move, and not only would my life and career be ending, but possibly several other people. I blew this off, considering that Sensasco was guiding me through the process.

Sensasco's voice thundered through her microphone. "What are you just waiting for? Open the case already."

Following orders, I opened the case. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head.

Knowing silence wasn't a good sign, Sensasco uttered, "What's wrong? Has something happened? Are you there?"

Losing control of my confidence, I responded. "Nothing has happened. Yet."