Detonation

Sensasco paused, and then replied, "James, what's happening over there? Respond!"

I was stunned. Nothing had blown up like I had expected. Then again, there was nothing available to explode. The suitcase was a decoy. No bomb, nothing. It was just a drab, brown, empty suitcase.

Which meant that there was another bomb, waiting for its turn to explode. The problem was where. Where was the bomb? On a plane? It would cause some deaths, but not as many as in a terminal. However, in a terminal, there wasn't much place to put a bomb. Plus, you can't leave bags unsupervised without them being considered suspicious, which means that a terrorist would have to stay and perish alongside the victims of the explosion.

I was lost in thought when Sensasco screamed through her mic, "James. ANSWER ME."

"Sorry, Director, I was at loss for words. The case was a decoy, and I'm led to assume that another bomb was planted somewhere else. I can't exactly pinpoint where."

"Well, you should better find out where then. We can't have a bomb going off, especially not in an airport."

Following her orders, I ditched the decoy case to find where the legitimate bomb was planted. I headed for the center of the airport, where there was a enormous fountain, and a multitude of small shoppes suited for travel by airways. The place was packed with shoppers and travelers alike, as it normally was. This place, I thought, would be an ideal place to set a bomb. Lots of people, lots of structures to damage. Now, where would a good spot be to slip a bomb away and out of sight and hearing?

I looked over at the fountain. The sparkle of the water amazed me, not to mention the coloured lighting that illuminated the somewhat dim plaza. The lighting and colors of the water changed in synchronization with short intervals of time.

I pondered for a moment. What if this was all precoordinated? They could have set the color of the bomb light to change with the colors of the lights in the water. It would have concealed it well. And the sound of rushing water from the fountain would have concealed the beeping noise.

And that was when I became fully aware of the beeping noise coming from right behind my head. I realized how stupid I was. My assailant had put a bomb on my collar when he had snatched me and pulled me to the side to give me the decoy. I began to reach back to take it off, but thought better at the last second. It could be a touch-sensor bomb, which would explode at the touch of human flesh. I headed for the nearest restroom.

I entered the restroom as if it were normal. I headed to the largest stall, so I could have some room.

I rolled a wad of toilet paper off of the dispenser. At this point, I figured that it didn't matter how the bomb got off of me, it just had to. I reached back, and took the bomb off of my collar. I then threw it in the toilet in front of me, and flushed.

With that bomb out of the way, I headed back out to the plaza.

"Sensasco, I disposed of the bomb. It was on my collar the whole time."

"Well, that was a very covert place to put it."

"I know, right? I'm exiting the main plaza now, considering how there aren't any more--"

An explosion ripped through the plaza. Parents snatched their children and dove to the hard, unforgiving ground, attempting to shield their children from flying shrapnel, rock, and pyrotechnics. The flames seared through the shops, setting all the merchandise on fire. The fountain's water had all but evaporated from the intense heat. The remains of the fountain's exquisite architecture were scattered in all directions by the blast.

"b-bombs."