Killer party (Mace)

One shot one from UnholyHelbig's mace halloween book. It's in her 'Halloween Mace' book too so please go check her out too. She has some amazing stories. 

I walk outside to take a breath, a little break from the Halloween party I'm at. I close the door behind me as I walk out. I look for a spot to sit as I walk on the path in the garden.

I spot a stone next to the lake. I walk up to it, adjust my costume a little before I sit down. I take a deep breath and sigh. It's nice out, not too cold and not too warm for a day in October. I can feel myself relax a little bit as I listen to the wind blowing through the trees and over the water.

A black cat runs past at it scares me for a minute. With my heart beating in my throat I take a deep breath.

"Stupid cat." I yell at the cat that has already disappeared into another garden.

I hear the door open behind me and I know I'm not alone in the garden anymore. "Grace? Grace where are you?"

It's Mamrie just the person I didn't want to see in this stage. I take one more big breath before I answer Mamrie. "I'm sitting next to the lake."

I hear her walk closer over the stone path. My stomach is all tied up, my thoughts are racing and my heart is beating in my throat again. Mamrie places her hand on my shoulder suddenly and I jump into the air. I'm jumpy today.

"Sorry Grace. Didn't want to scare you?" Mamrie sits down next to me.

I turn to look at her. "Its fine. I'm just jumpy today." We smile at each other. "Did you need some air too?"

"Yeah but I was mainly looking for you. Somebody said you went outside alone and I got scared something would happen to you."

I look at her confused and pick on the hem of my costume. "Why would something happen to me? I was alone in the garden before you joined me."

"Grace! There's a killer on the loose in the neighborhood."

My eyes fly open. "A killer! Let's go back inside."

I take Mamrie's hand and stand up from the stone we are sitting on. Mamrie stands up too. She's still holding my hand when we start walking back to the house.

Every sound I hear scares me at the moment but the thought that Mamrie is still holding my hand calms me down a little bit. We arrive at the backdoor, Mamrie pulls it open and it does not give.

"The door is locked." Mamrie knocks on the door but nobody moves inside. "Let's walk around to the front door."

Mamrie takes my hand again. We walk to the left so we can walk around the house and go inside at the front door. My thoughts are still racing. It's making me more paranoid than normal. "Mamrie I'm scared."

Mamrie grips my hand a little tighter. "Don't worry. We'll be fine." She raise our hands to her mouth and kisses mine. "Everything is going to be fine Gracie."

We arrive at the front door and it's closed too. We walk up and ring the bell. No answer so Mamrie walks to the window and looks inside. She looks shocked when she looks back at me.

"Grace we need to go now."

"Why? What happened?"

The front door opens behind us. A hooded person with a mask and a dripping and bloody axe stands in the doorway. It looks at us.

"GRACE! RUN! NOW!" Mamrie pulls me with her as we run down the street.

The killer runs behind us and is yelling at us. Mamrie lets go of my hand as we run. I run for my life happy that I was once a track star.

Mamrie is starting to get further behind. I keep looking behind to check were she is and the killer is getting closer. "Grace wait for me."

"MAMRIE! LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!"

I can hear a lot of sounds behind me and Mamrie starts screaming. "Grace help me." I stop running and I look back.

The killer is on top of Mamrie and she is screaming her lungs out. "GRACE! GRACE HELP ME." I turn around and run back stopping just before I reach them. I take a deep breath. Let's do this. I jump on the killers back and start punishing the killers head but nothing happens. I fall on the ground. The killer stands up and looks between Mamrie and me.

"Please let us live." I cry. "I don't want to die yet." Tears start to stream down my face because I know I'm dying tonight. All of a sudden I hear giggling and later laughing. Why do I hear laughing. I open my eyes and the killer is gone, I'm still on the ground.

I stare at the starts in the sky and nothing seems to happen. Until Mamrie comes into my view. "Grace? Are you okay?" I sit up to look at Mamrie.

"What just happened?"

"Uhm we kinda pranked you." The killer walks up too and pulls his mask off his face, Hannah has joined us.

"Hi Grace." I can't keep my smile in anymore and start laughing. "Are you okay Grace?"

My smile grows even bigger and I nod. "I'm okay. I just didn't expect this. Thanks for the scare ladies." I jump up and run into Mamrie's arms.

I slam myself into Mamrie and kiss her hard. She does not do anything at first but relaxes into it later. I stop and pull back from Mamrie to look at her.

"I'm sorry."

"No need I liked it."