two.

12·16·02.

a very important day for both laney and eli.

the day they met.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Eli? The new neighbors' daughter Laney is waiting out back for you, sweetheart! Go play while I make you guys lunch!"

It was a very bright, cool day and Eli was about to meet his new neighbor and soon-to-be friend.

"Okay mommy! Wait....is she pretty?" he asked, tugging his mother's shirt. "Oh yes baby, she's very pretty. She has long brown hair, and beautiful green eyes," Laury said to her son. "Wow," said Eli, putting pieces together. "She does sound pretty," he said smiling.

Laury chuckled. "Yes, now go play with her, she's waiting for you!" "Okay!" he said, running out back. Soon enough, Laury heard the laughter of the two, and smiled to herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ELI

"eli, pass me the phone would you?" laury asked her son. "sure, hold up," said eli, grabbing his backpack then proceeding to grab the phone.

"hello?" laury asked into the phone. "mhm...yes he's here....who's asking?...ah, I see," she said, passing him the phone.

"hello?" eli asked, kind of freaked out since he wasn't one to receive calls.

"eli, it's me. laney. laney cross? remember? that girl you met in december all those years ago?" she said, trying to trigger his memory. but those questions weren't necessary.

"of course. how could I ever forget?" he spoke, smiling into the phone.

"haha...well, i've got a surprise for you. i'm moving back to brooke in a week," she said, with the sound of a smile in her voice.

"that's awesome, laney. i can't wait."

"yeah. well, i'll call when I can. bye."

"bye," he finished and hung up.

the girl he fell in love with all those years ago.

she's finally coming back.

now's my chance, he thought. i'll win her this time.