five.

LANEY

"laney, time to head over," called dad.

fuck, now?!, i thought.

"coming!" i called back.

well, at least i'll get a chance to catch up with eli, i reasoned.

after a bit, we were sitting at the table with laury and eli. dad sat next to laury while i sat next to eli. he hadn't said a word since i walked in. is something wrong?

"so, eli, what's the school like now?" i asked him. "huh? oh, i guess it's okay, just whatever you do, don't get on mr. parkinson's bad side," he grumbled.

okay, that's it. i'm tired of his bullshit attitude.

"hey laury, dad, me and eli are gonna go to the park," i said, dragging eli behind me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LANEY

"what the hell? what are we doing here?" eli growled. "i brought you here because i'm tired of your childish shitty attitude towards me ever since dinner. we just barely got here, and you're already acting like a little bitch to me. what did i do wrong?" i questioned him.

"you called that asshole babe and i don't even know who the fuck he is or if he's treating you right!" he shouted before covering his mouth.

"what? i only call nikolai...wait. a. fucking. minute. you eavesdropped on me, didn't you?" i hissed.

"shit...laney, it's not what you think..." he started before i cut him off.

"no. shut the fuck up. don't talk to me unless i say so from now on. i'm leaving." i spat before leaving.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ELI

"well, aren't i smart."