The PDP: Part 1

"Alright, that's the last box." Shawn West proclaimed as he finished unpacking his car.

He'd had a stressfull day, driving 6 hours from Ottawa, Ontario for a great new job, packing and unpacking all his family's belongings only to hear his daughter, Emeline, complain about how she wanted to stay in Ottawa and never wanted to move to this lousy, boring ole' town called Port Dover; a small, but cozy, town situated right above Lake Erie.

She was young, only 14, and very beautiful. She was petite and had long blonde hair that seemed to fall perfectly off her head and onto her shoulders. She was an enthusiastic and very exciting person, anyone would do anything to be her friend, because of her great spirit.

She missed her school, her teachers, the beautiful Canadian capital and most of all, she missed her friends, especially Jayna and Jared.

Jayna and Emeline had been friends since kindergarten, but she met Jared in her last year of middle school. They quickly became great friends. She loved him and he loved her, and he was always there for her. They soon became "The 3 Amigos, best of friends."

Kaarina (Emeline's birth name) was happy that her father could preach the gospel in this town where they needed a saviour, but she wasn't very fond of the idea of being away from everyone.

Daniel on the other hand was also very happy for his father, but didn't have many friends so he was alright with the idea and a bit happy that he could get a new social status because people don't know he's kind of a loner. It was too bad, because no one ever got to know him, he is actually a really sensitive and nice guy.

He didn't help unpack, for Emeline's sake, who was still sitting in the car with dried tears on her cheeks. He was a few years older than his younger sister and had always been a great friend, protector and brother to her.

The 17 year old was tall and thin, had long brown, shaggy hair and a huge heart that could fit the whole population of Port Dover, that is if he cared about his new hometown.

He didn't help unpack, for Emeline's sake, who was still sitting in the car with dried tears on her cheeks. He was a few years older than his younger sister and had always been a great friend, protector and brother to her.

《Emeline's POV》

"C'mon guys. I know your upset but let's make the most of this opportunity. Please? Do it for me." My dad tried to convince us.

Daniel and I just looked at him and gave him the dad I'm not in the mood you just took away my life cut me some slack look.

"Ok. Ok. I'll make you a deal-" Shawn starts.

How much worse could he make this? He just tore me away from my friends and now he expects me to be cooperating.

"So if you guys can ju-" I interrupted him not wanting to hear what he has to offer.

"Dad! Stop! Just stop! I'm happy for you and mom and your new job and your life but dad, this isn't for me, I never wanted to come to this place 6 hours and 43 minutes away from everything I loved, but now I'm stuck here in a new town in a new school with new kids who are all probably going to pick on the new kid!!!" A furious expression glazes over my face as the tears start to flow down my cheeks. "Now the last thing I need is my dad trying to force me to do stuff I don't want to do while I have soooo many other things on my mind!!!" I step out of the car as he tries to calm me down.

"Emeline, look, everything will be ok. I promise you we will work it all out."

"K, no dad! Stop trying to make it seem like everything will work out fine and we will all have a happily ever after ending, because it won't, ok? You're ruining my life! But you don't even know it. It's like you don't even care about me."

"No, Emma I'm trying to help you! I'm the good guy here."

"Ughh!" I sigh pushing as much air out of my lungs as I possibly could and sprint into my new house.

I pause mid-stride in the doorway as if some invisible force is halting me trying to get my attention. Everything starts to go blurry and the room started to spin. My head pounded and I couldn't hear or see clearly.

"Kaaarinaaa..." A strange voice.whispers.

My eyes widen and wonder what on earth is happening to me. Am I dying? Am I ill? Am I having a vision from God?

"Kaarinaa!" The whisper turns into a low, crackily yell.

"Y-yes?" I ask with tears still coming down. No response. "He-hello?" Again no response I shrug it off and go upstairs to the first room I find and lay down and cry myself to sleep with a thousand topics on my mind.