The PDP: Part 2

Sunlight. Pure sunlight. Blinding Saturday morning sunlight piercing through my curtains as my mom opens them trying to wake me up so we can start the first day of our new life.

"C'mon Emma, time to wake up. Let's make this a great first day in this lovely town."

"Mom, please it's summer-break! Just let me sleep in." I exclaim.

"You have all summer to do that."

"Then why not start right now?" I ask boldly.

She ignores the question. "Your father is downstairs making breakfast for you and your brother. C'mon let's go."

I groan and rollover onto my side as my mom walks out the door and leaves me alone.

My mom, Maddie West, is young and beautiful. She was always nice and caring. She had a bright spirit and a great attitude, I always loved to be around her. She had long blonde hair like me, and was tall and thin. She is a great mom and my best friend.

I yank off my sheets and walk downstairs groggily still in yesterday's clothes with my hair quickly tied up in a messy bun to the side of my head.

"Mmm," I gracefully moan as I smell the sweet aroma of fresh berries, the salty smell of bacon and eggs, and the pleasant smell of waffles. This nightmare was starting to look up.

"Good morining Emma," my dad says as if he had forgotten all about last night's fight. He had always been a forgiving man.

"Uhh... Hello father," I say rather confused at his positive actions towards me.

"Hey Emma," Daniel says calmly.

"Howdy bro," Emeline says. We both chuckle.

After a long silence my mom pipes up.

"I suspect everyone slept well last night?"

"Yah..." Daniel responds.

"Umm...A little unsettling. I guess. But it was good." Trying to hide the fact of my strange half-encounter with the strange voice calling my name. "How about you, mom?"

"Lovely," she says with a grin."

"I dunno," I start figuring that it'd be alright if they knew about last night.They all look at me confused. "This place gives me the creeps." I pause. "Nah, I'm sure it's just my imagination."

"What did you hear, Emma?" Daniel asks me with a stern look in his eyes.

How did he know I heard something?

I look at him confused. "How did you kno-," he gives me the same look but more urgent this time. "I-I... I heard someone calling my name."

Daniel pushed his chair out from underneath him as soon as he heard that. "Umm....Excuse me," he excused himself and runs upstairs. I chase after him, knowing something was up.