Chapter 1: Moving in

After a ten hour drive from the city of Newsbury, Eve finally arrive at the peaceful little town of Petlya Palacha when the sun is setting, giving way for the night to come. The small, serene town is surrounded by large thickets of trees. She look at her mirror to see the backseat of the car. Two small kids are seen, asleep. A young boy about twelve is leaning against the side, asleep, his black hair cover his eyes a bit. Leaning against the sleeping boy, a little girl around the same age as the boy, is also asleep, hinting the two are twins. She smile when she sees the twin asleep.

She continue driving as she goes through town. A mass array of buildings are seen on both side. A barbershop with an antique look to its front that draw in customers, a home cook restaurant with the smell of food that parents would make, and then, the main attraction, the crown jewel, a large clock tower in the center of town. In front of the ancient clock tower stands a large plaza with a fountain containing beautiful statues of angels holding . People and families alike walk around in the plaza or go to the small swap meet where merchants sell a variety of clothing, food, or other accessories. Eve continue her way until she reaches the residential area.

Long lines of houses are seen on both sides of the road as far as the naked eye can see. All have neatly mowed lawns and are usually two stories high, but some are only one. Even fewer have really big lawns. Soon, the twins stir and start waking up. Soon, she pulls up to a particular house. The house is painted a nice shade of blue with a red roof. It is two stories high. Some windows are seen as well. A small garage is seen next to the main house. Once she parks on the small lane, she look back at the twins and smile.

"Here we are, guys, our new home. I'm sorry for the long drive. Want to go check it out?" Eve ask the twins, who nod in response.

"I wanna see! I wanna see!" The young girl shout out as she start taking off her seatbelt, followed by the young boy. They both get down with Eve and follow behind her. They stand in front of the door, Eve with the keys at hand, unlocks the door and open it, letting the two kids and herself inside. She flip on the light switch, revealing a large living room. Two couches fit for two people face a stand with a good sized TV. A shaggy carpet with brown and black designs is underneath the couches and TV stand. A small coffee table is set in the middle, in front of the couches. Another doorway leads to the other sections of the house. The twins goes to sit on the couches and relax. Eve close the door behind her and sigh.

"Ok guys, you can stay here and get comfortable. I'll check out the rest of the house." Eve said to the twins, who nod in agreement. Eve then goes to the doorway to see a small hallway with multiple doorways. On the end to her right leads to a stairways towards the second floor. The left side contains the other doorways to the other rooms. She flip on another switch to light up the hallway. Eve continue her pace to the right and go up the stairs. Soon, she is on the second floor. Three more doorways are seen ahead of her on both sides. She goes over and open the door to her left, revealing the master bedroom. A king sized bed is seen with no sheets on them. A bookcase is also seen sitting in a corner with lots of books. A dresser on the left of the bed with a small TV set is positioned. Beside the bed, a nightstand stands with a large lamp. A door leads to a bathroom. She nod with satisfaction, thinking it is worth paying to buy the house. She left the room and checks the other door across the bedroom. She look within to see another bedroom, only this room is a bit smaller, possibly a room for children. Two full sized beds stands next to each other to the left of the room. Between them is another night stand, but a bit wider. A dresser is positioned to the the right of the room with another TV set.

She think to herself. "This is perfect for them. Now, I should get them to change to their pajamas and rest for the night." She look out the window, nighttime is upon the town. She go back down the stairs and back into the living, but only to see the twins, sleeping on the couches. She smile again and goes over to them, and shake them a bit. They stir and look up to Eve with drowsy eyes.

"Lilian, Danny, wake up, sleepyheads, let's go get your bags from the car, so you can change to pajamas. We have a busy day tomorrow." Eve explained to the twins. They groan and moan, but they got up and put their coats back on. They went back to the car and got down their luggage. They head back, and Eve lead them to their room. Lilian stays in their room to change while Danny goes the bathroom to change. Eve stays in her bedroom and change into her laced nightgown, which is pink with red flowers. Once she is done, Danny got out, wearing his pajamas, which is a blue onesy with black paw prints all over it. I'm media after, Lilian is also done. She is wearing a pinkish long sleeve shirt with crowns all over with red pants with hearts. Eve then set up a nightlight on the nightstand. She then kiss them on their foreheads and smile after they immediately fall asleep.

"Goodnight, my little siblings. We have a big day tomorrow. Get some rest." Eve whisper to them and slowly walk out. She goes back to her new bedroom and lay on the bed. After a few minutes, she is asleep.