Chapter One

As I walked towards the big green building, I became nervous. That tickling in the pit of my stomach normally reserved for big occasions or events was suddenly there. I stopped at the beginning of the entry sidewalk taking in the odd shape the the puke colored building, wondering why anybody would paint a building the color of puke when I hear one of the glass doors being opened.

I looked where the sound was coming from only to find boy with shaggy dirty-blonde hair, about a quarter of a foot taller then myself, wearing khakis falling just below his knees and a sky blue shirt bringing out his toned body, looking like a kid who I would find surfing at the beach down the street. It isn't that hard to go surfing around here, considering I live in Surfside Beach, South Carolina, right on the ocean. He appeared about the age of my older sister,19, Lauren. As he started walking towards me I suddenly became aware of the fact that I was standing there awkwardly, and began to walk towards the building closer to where he was. As we pass one another we make eye contact, but I don't smile. My life isn't that happy.

When I finally reach the building I pull one of the two glass doors and entered. It wasn't what I was expecting. I thought that it would look kinda like a doctors office, but it didn't have that looks or feel at all. The lobby had a really homey feel to it. There was a chocolate brown couch facing a fireplace against the wall along with two Lazy-boy recliners to match the couch. In the corner, next to the receptionist desk was a table where you could make all sorts of warm beverages for any age. It didn't look anything like a Psychiatrists center that you see on T.V., well, then again this wasn't ANY Psychiatrists office. It was Dr. Barton Psychiatrist office, the best Psychiatrists around, or so they say. 

I walked up to the receptionists desk and stop at the end of it and take a good look at her. She is about in her late 20s, wearing a black dress that is slimming on her matching her hair, which is styled into a fishtale braid down her back. When she feels my presence she looks up at me with her deep brown eyes.

"State your name and time of appointment" she mutters silently. 

" Fiona Paris Lewis, 3:45" I whisper back. She looks down at her computer checking to make sure that I am here at the correct time, then nods at me.

"Dr. Barton will be out as soon as she can" she informs me.

I nod back, and go take a seat on one of the Lazy-boys facing the fireplace. I usually am working now at Purple Cow Ice-Cream Shoppe, but Doug the owner, started giving me the hours I had with school last year. School starts in a week, so he thought it would be a nice break from work leaving me time get in the loop of things before school starts again for my last year at Surfside High.

I was sitting in the Lazy-boy for about 5 minutes when I heard my name being called down the hallway, I turned my head to see who was calling my name, and found that the blame is on a petite older lady, looking about in her early 40s with soft blonde waves running down her back.

I stood up and started walking towards her at a slower pace, cautious of meeting new people. When I finally reached to where she was standing in the hallway behind the receptionist desk in front of a glass door. The glass door had a whitish tint to it and wasn't transparent like the ones that I had opened earlier. The name "Dr. Barton" was engraved on the door in black paint, so I could only assume that was the lady before me. My assumptions were proven correct when she smiled, stuck out her hand to be shook, and announced "Hello, I am Dr. Barton. I will be your Psychiatrist".

***********************************************************************************************

Hello!I have decided to try to write this again. I know I didn't get very far the first time (try one chapter lol) but we'll see what happens this time. I have went over and made a few changes and hope that you guys like them. As always thanks for all the support, and I will try my hardest to make it more than one chapter this time lol

Much love,

Nelle