Chapter Two

I followed Dr. Barton into her own office, and saw that it was just a cozy and the rest of the building. There was an expensive looking leather chair in one corner of the room with a dark gray couch that looked like the comfiest thing in the world. She told me to take a seat, and boy was I right. If the couch wasn't so big, I'd be half tempted to sneak it out the building when my session was over. She began to walk towards a strange looking machine by the door, and explained to me what it was.

"This is a noise machine", she explained, "It's here that so when people pass or even people in the lobby can't hear what we're talking about in here"

She clicked a button and sound began pouring into the room. It kind of sounded like a waterfall. 

The next part was what I am most nervous for. I am a middle child. Attention is not something that I'm used of, let alone care for. A whole hour of that, plus having to discuss my feelings with a stranger, no thanks. As you can see, definitely not my idea. Since I had no say in this, I did the thing I do best; research. I researched all what to expect when speaking to a therapist, and when I say research, I mean google. Having a background of what to expect eased the pit of my stomach a little, but I still wasn't looking forward to any of it.

The session didn't drag by like I thought it would. Instead, it flew by answering all those questions. She mainly asked me about why I was there, my childhood, friends, family, and what to expect for future sessions. It ended with a cliché "good talk today" and a "can't wait to see you next week". Overall, not so bad.

*************************************************************************************************

Yo!Yo!Yo!

lol It's really short. I'll try to do more next time. I think writing is harder than I anticipated. Maybe that's why I only did a chapter last time. WELLL. Thank you all and have a great new years. I hope its better than this year. 

Much love,

Nelle