The End

Zoey’s POV:

I watched as the police arrested Dan, a smile on my face. I’d thought I might feel a little bit of remorse, or at least regret. He was my father, the one I’d always wished I knew.

Even when I first met him I thought there was something that could have come out of our messed up relationship. Then I realized he had this other motive; and it wasn’t a good one.

Now after what he’d done to Tom… I couldn’t feel a smidge of sadness as he was hauled off to the waiting police cars, everybody crowding around to watch.

He looked behind him, his eyes finding me easily in the crowd. I grinned at him, shooting him a wink. I then reached over, pulling Harry’s hand into mine, before looking up to meet his eyes. He glared at me, looking away just as they lowered his head into the car.

“Come on, I don’t want to be here anymore.” I say to Harry, “Besides, I told you I owe you an explanation in exchange for your forgiveness. There’s this really good ice cream parlor Lucas took me too. You’ll love it.”

He nods and follows me towards a car parked in the front of the funeral home; our fingers still interlocked.

Peyton’s POV:

“I like that one! Come on, get it!” I smile, reaching over to Zayn and zipping up the coat he was wearing.

“I am not wearing a blue snow coat.” He shakes his head, unzipping the coat back down and shrugging it off.

“It looks good on you.” I pout, “I’ll buy the white one you liked if you get the blue. It’s not like you ever have to wear it again.”

Zayn groans, “Fine! But only because you asked me to. Now give me that coat, you’re crazy if you think you’re actually paying for it. Get me the gloves too.”

I roll my hands and hand him over the items in the basket. I knew it would be useless to argue with him, and I didn’t want to waste time.

I’d directed him to the only interesting thing my small town had; a small ice rink outdoors. I knew it would be perfect, because it would most likely be empty. Nobody really went ice skating at this time of year, and with the funeral in town…

“I can’t believe I’m going ice skating. The only time I’ve ever done this I made a complete fool of myself.” Zayn says, tying the laces one his skates.

“I’m hardly any better.” I laugh as I try to stand up and walk my way to the edge of the rink. I hold my hand out for Zayn to take.

We ease our way onto the ice, both of us immediately gripping the edge of the rink. It takes us both a couple minutes to get to where we could let go of the rink and skate on the side. We went farther every time we went around the rink, slowly going until we could rely on each other for support rather than the rink.

We both stumbled many times, and eventually we both lost all embarrassment. We realized we both equally sucked at this whole ice skating thing.

“Okay you come at me from the other side, and I’ll be on this side and we’ll meet in the middle!” I call out to Zayn, while I stood at the opposite end from him. “Go!”

We both start skating as quickly as we could. I had to stop half way and gather myself, trying not to fall on my butt. I was glad to see Zayn had to do the same thing across from me. I moved forward until I reached the half way line. “Hah! I win.” I smile as Zayn skids closer, his eyes widening as he tries to stop.

I start backing up, but knew it would be too late. His body collides with mine, causing me to lose my balance and fall onto my back. He falls too, his body half on mine, half on the ice. He groans, leaning on both his hands before looking down at me.